Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Introduction Thread

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Testing...

Came here because of the "Soldier's Contingency" hack, but also played the "Dark Sorcerer" hack and several others, over the years.

Hello to you all, and thank you for all the great work you've been doing! Smile
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-28-2023, 07:18 AM)Rain Wrote: Hello to you all, and thank you for all the great work you've been doing! :)

Welcome :)
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Hello! I am 伏木王! Fushikio which loosely means king of the Mysteriousness  which although I've been using it for a while is kind of what everyone engaged in hacking ultimately is.

I currently am mostly an enjoyer of hacks....However:

I have been teaching myself how to make a sprite with Hoxnorf's wonderful sprite of Lenna as a white mage from the 2.0 giant sprite download as well as some of the tutorials.

It's just so fascinating all the little details from a pixel here and there, what makes a skirt, a cape, and yes Ballet slippers or heels.

I've truly gone down the rabbit hole.

I also know enough to realise that now that I have a brand new sprite the side views will be like creating a new sprite from scratch almost. So I want to make sure all my colours and stuff are compatible with FF3us before making side sprites(have back and front and walkies)

I am so grateful to FF6 hacking for the giant sprite pack and Hoxnorf for adding their work to it.

But now it's time to get out the hdmi cables, fire up the pc and the wireless keyboard and mouse and have some fun.

Anyways Hello everyone! Pummel
  Find

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
Welcome Fushikio!

When working on sprites, color management is important. Final Fantasy 6 sprites have access to fifteen colors (plus a transparency), but sprites that appear in battle can only use eleven colors (with transparent being the twelfth). The palette is indexed, meaning each color has a specific spot in the palette. This is important because there are colors that get replaced as a sprite goes through battle: the outline with various glowing colors and the two flesh tones with status colors like Berserk and Poison.

There's a tutorial on the wiki that walks through this color information in more detail, you can read it here:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...al:sprites

Welcome again to FF6Hacking.com!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to C-Dude for this post:
  • Fushikio (12-26-2023)