Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Edgar's Bazooka

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
Have you ever thought "Edgar is pretty cool, but he'd be even cooler with a bazooka?" Of course you have, we all have, including me, so I made it a thing!

This patch changes the Air Anchor to the Bazooka, a Tool that hits the entire enemy party for heavy damage. Its power is 200 but it does not ignore defense. Intent is to make it very powerful and useful, but not overpowered - it's essentially a beefed-up Auto-Crossbow. Literally, I changed the hex for the Air Anchor effect to use the Auto-Crossbow's instead.

Now download and install this patch and go blow some stuff up!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/92ahm9qss...3.zip/file

[Image: YN663kS.png] [Image: RVFyQMc.png] [Image: PeoJrKj.png]
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to DrakeyC for this post:
  • Lightning (05-21-2020), madsiur (05-19-2020), SSJ Rick (05-19-2020)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
pretty cool patch

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Nice! I always felt Edger was lacking a really good end-game weapon. Although the Air Anchor has its uses, it is kind of diappointing. I am considering using this in my hack, but the only problem is that with more than 2 monsters on the screen, the game lags when so many rockets are fired. Any chance you can cut the rockets down to 2 per enemy instead of 3? That might eliminate the lag.

Edit: Also, can you make an ips version of this patch? The only way I can use it is to first apply this over a fresh 1.1 FF3, then create my own patch, but the result is a patch that messes with all the weapon descriptions of my mod... I actually think the safest patch is one that only changes the weapon properties, but not the name or description. I can do that myself for my hack!
  Find

Status
None
I'm looking at modding the weapon animation further. For now, the download has been updated with an IPS version of the patch.

EDIT - By sheer dumb luck of a guess, I figured out how to reduce the number of missiles launched quick and easy. So, V2 is up - the enemies are not blown back by the missiles and Edgar only fires once missile at each of them.

EDIT x2 - if the downloads were in some way not working, try again, technical difficulties I don't wanna talk about
  Find

Status
None
(05-21-2020, 11:18 AM)DrakeyC Wrote: I'm looking at modding the weapon animation further. For now, the download has been updated with an IPS version of the patch.

EDIT - By sheer dumb luck of a guess, I figured out how to reduce the number of missiles launched quick and easy. So, V2 is up - the enemies are not blown back by the missiles and Edgar only fires once missile at each of them.

The .IPS file doesn't seem to work.  Flips tells me "the patch is broken and can't be used".  I tried a FF3 1.1 ROM both headered and unheadered.  Never seen this error before!

Can you possibly give me the hex info for replacing the air anchor projectile graphic only?  The rest of your bazooka hack I figured out myself by reading your documentation and hex editing my ROM.  The animation, sound, and description I've managed to duplicate myself, but the graphic I cannot do.
  Find

Status
None
Download again, post edited
  Find

Status
None
We are getting closer, but your patch is definitely messing with far more than it needs to in my ROM. It is modifying all my weapon/item descriptions among other things. The ips file is 27kb, and I suspect it should be smaller than that. If you know where the Air Anchor sprite is located, I can just hex edit that part in to my hack!
  Find

Status
None
Sorry, then.
  Find

Status
None
(05-21-2020, 05:49 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Sorry, then.

I'll figure it out, but I just have to get the graphic imported.  Can anyone point me to where the Air Anchor graphic is stored in the ROM?
  Find

Status
None
Try this

[Image: Capture.PNG]
  Find