Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My thoughts about FF7r (Spoiler free)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
So I powered through my copy of FF7r. While the work on making changes to the story is interesting and makes me want to know how this will play out later. Overall I am feeling disappointed with with the game overall. I really felt like this was extreme pandering and a push their FFXV combat on everyone.
  Find

Status
None
I look forward to playing Kingdom Hearts 7 FF7R when it comes out on PC.

Status
None
(04-15-2020, 04:07 AM)MysticLord Wrote: I look forward to playing Kingdom Hearts 7 FF7R when it comes out on PC.

LMAO. Thank you for this response.
  Find

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 20
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Enlight
Word on the street is the plot is wrecked.
Spoiling major reveals from way later in the original story, just to add some meta lolz and flex a nonsensical new piece of lore? NICE.

After the retcon-plagued Crisis Core came out back in '08, there were bunch of new FF7 fans who played CC first, and as a consequence ended up with a totally corrupt idea of what FF7 is. (And I can't really blame them--Once a story gets KH-ified in one's head, it's almost impossible to undo the damage.)
FF7r has the potential to do the same thing, except WAY worse. A whole new generation is going to play FF7r, think it represents the best of what FF7 has to offer, and may permanently miss out on what made the original so special.

Oof.

Status
None
(04-19-2020, 11:07 PM)SilentEnigma Wrote: Word on the street is the plot is wrecked.
Spoiling major reveals from way later in the original story, just to add some meta lolz and flex a nonsensical new piece of lore? NICE.

After the retcon-plagued Crisis Core came out back in '08, there were bunch of new FF7 fans who played CC first, and as a consequence ended up with a totally corrupt idea of what FF7 is. (And I can't really blame them--Once a story gets KH-ified in one's head, it's almost impossible to undo the damage.)
FF7r has the potential to do the same thing, except WAY worse. A whole new generation is going to play FF7r, think it represents the best of what FF7 has to offer, and may permanently miss out on what made the original so special.

Oof.

It very much is. Laugh Laugh . If you think about it, maybe 2% of the youngers who are starting with this game and see all the cussing us old bastards make and give the original a try will understand our cusses. Laugh
  Find