Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 20
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Enlight
(07-20-2020, 03:33 PM)Frucella Wrote: The guy outside the armor shop wearing a red vest in Narshe says "Narshe is a neutral city. We've taken no part in the war. But that cussed Empire still won't leave us alone!"
Very small and insignificant but I guess it is meant to be cursed and not cussed

Hi Frucella,

Cussed is actually the intended word here, the two-syllable adjective.
A slightly vulgar variant of "cursed."

Thanks for staying on the lookout!

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey silentenigma (or vivify93, if you're reading this),

I noticed you guys have reverted the silence graphic to the japanese one. If you don't mind, can you provide the hex code for this? If it's easy enough to copy and paste, I'd like to incorporate it into my romhack. I tried vivify93's full graphics patch, but it didn't apply cleanly to my rom and I got some garbled monsters.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
You could use YY-CHR to copy-paste it over easily enough, the Mute graphic (3BPP SNES) is at offset 130630.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • kamesennin (08-22-2020)

Threads: 1
Status
None
So after some playing around and checking the IPS log for vivify93's patch, it looks like these bytes need to be changed:

$130544     44 bytes
$130630     90 bytes
$130750     8C bytes
$1308D0     90 bytes
$130A20     78 bytes  
$130AF8     30 bytes

Edit: It looks like vivify93's patch doesn't get the graphic 100% correct. If you compare it side by side with a clean Japanese rom, the corners are a bit off. On the left is patched USA, with clean Japanese on the right. I'm going to see if I can get it working, but we'll see how far I get.
Edit2: Seems like the corners must be elsewhere in any English rom that hacks in a new silence graphic since the original mute graphic was a bit smaller and didn't need those four 8x8 tiles. I've found the corresponding tiles in the FF6j rom, but I have no idea where to copy them.
[Image: GDXMhTy.png]
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to kamesennin for this post:
  • SilentEnigma (09-08-2020)

Status
Enlight
Interesting. I had read before that the graphic with vivify93's patch was slightly different than the original FF6j graphic, but I never looked into how.

It seems FF3us uses the same couple of tiles for all four corners and just mirrors them as needed. That means the top right, bottom left, and bottom right corners from FF6j never made it anywhere into vivify93's patch.

So, not only are the graphics stored in a different place on the ROM, but they are accessed differently, too. This might be worth some more work at some point.

Threads: 0
Status
None
When using the Debilitator tool, the message about water weakness results in a gibberish message.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to advanceblog for this post:
  • SilentEnigma (09-08-2020)

Status
Enlight
(09-07-2020, 12:24 PM)advanceblog Wrote: When using the Debilitator tool, the message about water weakness results in a gibberish message.

Hi advanceblog, thanks for reporting.

A related problem...
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread...l#pid39120

I hope to have an update sometime this month to address these.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • C-Dude (09-07-2020)

Status
Enlight
(08-22-2020, 04:50 PM)kamesennin Wrote: Seems like the corners must be elsewhere in any English rom that hacks in a new silence graphic since the original mute graphic was a bit smaller and didn't need those four 8x8 tiles. I've found the corresponding tiles in the FF6j rom, but I have no idea where to copy them.

Hi kamesennin, I looked a bit further into this and came up with a standalone patch to capture the full FF6j graphic:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread...39275.html

Hope that helps!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • kamesennin (09-13-2020)

Status
None
Hello. First of all, I love this hack, it's so nice to have a proper translation and full item/ability names. I can't imagine going back. I think the only thing that really stood out to me as weird was Daryl asking Setzer if he liked to look at her ass. While not vulgar by any means, it didn't feel as natural as the rest of the text, given how much the rest of the script generally avoids even mild language like that. It also stops becoming a double entendre  referring to the back of her ship entirely. Maybe just change it to "my behind"?

(Also for what it's worth, I also think "cursed" sounds better than "cussed", even though it's a legit word.)

Here's the one bug I've noticed so far, almost done with the game.

I just climbed the Fanatic's Tower with Molulu's Charm and noticed that I didn't have to open the secret door for the Air Anchor - it was already open. In fact, once I looted the chest and stepped to the room above and flicked the switch, the entire room below disappeared and wouldn't reopen again. It's like it was all reversed, starting open and the secret switch closed it.

I also saw the Debilitator gibberish message, but that's already been reported.

Anyway, thank you again for your hard work.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Rythian for this post:
  • SilentEnigma (09-14-2020)

Status
None
There is a bug with the new status menu. If L/R is pressed to switch from a character with normal status to a character that is KOed or has some other status, the class-name of the previous character is partially visible.

I can also confirm the Air Anchor bug.
  Find