Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gogo select more commands?

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
The Fanatic's Tower and the Magitek Suits assume that the character is going to have Fight, Rage, or Mimic on their command list. Make sure to keep that in mind.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • xDaygo (04-02-2020)

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
Having taken a look at it, Hatzen's selectable Mimic is definitely NOT compatible with Myself086's GogoScroll out of the box.

Hatzen's code is all in-line within the original area, but explicitly limits the list to 15 items. There's going to need to be some ironing out to make the static list work with the scrollbars, including relocating Hatzen's data table to make room for more entries and increasing the command limit on his list assembly.

While there don't appear to be any direct overwrites of code from Myself086's patch, the latter won't be able to do anything with Hatzen's patch in place.

As for making separate lists for characters, it seems like the safest thing to do would be to prohibit replacing Fight, Mimic, (and possibly Rage), and then excluding those commands from the lists that character status menus can construct. That unfortunately makes the tiny problem wherein the side panel list will have graphical problems. If there are too few commands, the game draws garbage which would normally be covered up by the window. We might be able to hide this by artificially inflating the list with repeat commands or empty entries, though.

I'm not ready to play around with this any more thoroughly at the moment; if anyone wants to look into it, the basic idea is to check if the status menu corresponds to a specific character and to build a distinct list accordingly.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to C-Dude for this post:
  • xDaygo (04-02-2020)

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(03-30-2020, 11:38 AM)MysticLord Wrote: Sort of related to Gogo, is there a hack to allow others to have a similar status menu -> select battle commands menu as him, but with different options? So Relm doesn't need to waste an equipment slot for Control, Setzer doesn't need to do the same for GP Rain, and the same for whoever gets Summon?

I was re-reading GrayShadow's Command Change Custom Event (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-3544.html), and realized that this is indeed possible by incorporating that hack. You'd need to create an NPC on the airship that allowed you to change out your commands. This NPC would, say, check the first character in the party, and branch to a dialogue for that character. IE - Locke is in the front of the party, so the NPC says, 
"I can change your commands for you." (static dialogue no matter who talks to him)
"Which command would you like?  (dialogue based on Locke as the lead character)
> Steal                                       (branches to event code that sets Locke's commands to "Fight, Steal, Magic, Item")
> Mug"                                       (branches to event code that sets Locke's commands to "Fight, Mug, Magic, Item")

You could even combine this with other code to do the following:
1. Dummying out the ability for a relic to change the command in C2, and then having this NPC check for a rare item (just an event bit) before offering the command change. This would free up 5 relic slots.
2. Combining with Madsiur's equipment checking event code (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-3210.html) to lock this until a character actually talks to the NPC with the relic equipped.

I'm now considering adding this to my hack.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find