Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Improve Character Patches

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
if you haven't already done the work of editing that table, give me an .IPS file based on the ROM where the monster names have been edited, and i can give you a new alphabetized Rage table.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
there is also a patch that gives you controllable rage and it allows you to stack their buffs

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 47
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
(04-10-2022, 03:58 PM)assassin Wrote: if you haven't already done the work of editing that table, give me an .IPS file based on the ROM where the monster names have been edited, and i can give you a new alphabetized Rage table.

Its alright assassin. Thank for asking. I had already create a worksheet using FF3usME.exe report monsters notepad, and convert it into a worksheet. And lastly, using "DEC2HEX" formula to get the hex. My mod is constantly updating, so its best if I edit that table myself.
  Find

Status
None
Anyone got a patch that covert capture into something better, because it is really bad especially it does nothing good to make Locke less worthless in the Magitek Research Facility raid? Why are there so many monsters inside that dungeon with high DEF! Or some other idea to make Locke less bad in early game.
  Find

Status
None
(01-22-2020, 09:00 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: This one for Umaro makes him equipable: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-1054.html

Great. I just discover an error with equipable Umaro. If I give it Merit Award, and exit his equip screen, the game does not automatic "Optimum changed his equipment". This cause him to still equip to some gears that he wasn't suppose to without Merit Award. Any patch to fix this up?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
You're really good at finding bugs! Lol. No, there's not a patch-fix for this, or I would've included it as part of Equipable Umaro...
I guess the game does not take into account the automatic optimization for him via that option in the Settings menu, so it would need to be coded to do so, wherever that takes place in the C0 bank (I think). I would just exclude him from using the Merit Award as an easy fix, unless somebody will do the coding for you. I suck at assembly tasks, but I can take a look into it at least, it may be an easier fix than hard...but most likely someone else would have to do it.

EDIT: He would have to be excluded from using the Gauntlet and Genji Glove also then I s'pose... :x I'm confident this can get fixed.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(04-24-2022, 11:12 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: You're really good at finding bugs! Lol. No, there's not a patch-fix for this, or I would've included it as part of Equipable Umaro...
I guess the game does not take into account the automatic optimization for him via that option in the Settings menu, so it would need to be coded to do so, wherever that takes place in the C0 bank (I think). I would just exclude him from using the Merit Award as an easy fix, unless somebody will do the coding for you. I suck at assembly tasks, but I can take a look into it at least, it may be an easier fix than hard...but most likely someone else would have to do it.

EDIT: He would have to be excluded from using the Gauntlet and Genji Glove also then I s'pose... :x

No patch again (for now anyway). Sad. I'm just messing around & writing down the changes I made & plan. Sometime I accidently discover an issue, & worse case, I will need to backtrack my works, like a lots. (Frustration.)
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Well, give it some time... the bug was just reported today after all lol. I'm sure someone will be able to do this, probably quite easily.
I'm sure it'll have something to do with this in RAM:
$0201 (optimize equipment) character number

I thought it might be this here:
C0/B08C: A5EB    LDA $EB        (load parameter)
C0/B08E: 8D0102  STA $0201      (store as character to equip)
C0/B091: 20B3C6  JSR $C6B3      (equip the character in $0201)
C0/B094: 20F36C  JSR $6CF3      (perform "equipment check" on the current party)
C0/B097: A902    LDA #$02
C0/B099: 4C5C9B  JMP $9B5C

I changed the LDA to $ED which seems like it would include Umaro, but it doesn't seem to work, which is why I'm terrible at coding lol. I guess this one is just for the Event Command and not the Status menu.

Yeah backtracking sucks, I hear ya.
Besides this, you'll also notice that Umaro will not have his equipment removed from the NPC on the airship. I did not include that fix with this patch, but that's event code and is easy to update to include him. Just wanted to give you a heads up about that issue.

Status
None
(04-24-2022, 11:31 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Well, give it some time... the bug was just reported today after all lol. I'm sure someone will be able to do this, probably quite easily.

Besides this, you'll also notice that Umaro will not have his equipment removed from the NPC on the airship. I did not include that fix with this patch, but that's event code and is easy to update to include him. Just wanted to give you a heads up about that issue.

Bug was reported? Who did that, or how do I do that? 

Lastly, I did apply an updated patch that remove his equipment with the airship "remove from party" option given by the old man (who seem to be cursed inside the airship forever). However, I did encounter an error again, just didn't mention it before. If I chose "Those not now in your party" even when Umaro is still in my party, his equipment are gone. I think I believe I got it from this post https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread...l#pid36836
.....Maybe I should had mention this in that forum sooner.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
(04-24-2022, 11:44 AM)doofenH Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 11:31 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Well, give it some time... the bug was just reported today after all lol. I'm sure someone will be able to do this, probably quite easily.

Bug was reported? Who did that, or how do I do that? 

I mean YOU just reported this bug today, so a fix may come, don't feel sad, just give it some time. Smile
EDIT: Wait... isn't the fix what PowerPanda posted in that thread?

PowerPanda: Also, here's the section of code from C3 that I don't believe "Functional Umaro" covers.
Code:
   C3/9EF4:    C90D        CMP #$0D       (Is it Umaro?)
   C3/9EF6:    F007        BEQ $9EFF      (branch if so)

Replace all 4 bytes with EA to allow Merit Award, Genji Glove, and Gauntlet to Empty/Optimize Umaro.

Testing... Yep, that's the fix alright lol.