Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
In-Game sprite editor - editing

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Are there any programs for editing FF6 sprites IN-game that are open source, or that otherwise have editable pointers for loading sprites from the ROM and what language are they in?

I'm so rusty with programming doesn't really matter what language it's in, be it C+ or Klingon, I'll be guessing and pulling code out of my ... regardless.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 47
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(01-22-2020, 10:01 AM)Catone Wrote: Are there any programs for editing FF6 sprites IN-game that are open source, or that otherwise have editable pointers for loading sprites from the ROM and what language are they in?

I'm so rusty with programming doesn't really matter what language it's in, be it C+ or Klingon, I'll be guessing and pulling code out of my ... regardless.

For me, I just upload some sprite and edit directly using "FF3SE" English in the utility's graphic editing section throughout my hacks. 

Its simple and does not require any coding. And yes, IN-GAME sprites are there too. Just remember snes rom have limited free space for sprites. Just reskin existence one.

https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/lib/exe/...se_212.zip
  Find

Status
Zombie
IN-Game sprites will not show up if your IN-Game sprites are located at 41/0000 in extended hiROM and consist of about 100 or so full PC sized sprite sheets. (152 is the number I'm actually looking at, just several I have no desire to screw with because they are way to far from a standard PC style sheet.)

The reason I ask about "open source" or otherwise editable, is to redirect where it loads sprites from the ROM. Its getting old having to shuffle sprite sheets around in hex just to look at one sheet.

And yes, FF3SE has it's uses, several uses actually, but FF3usSpriteEd still complains less when just looking at PC sprite sheets... And FF3usME only has a working relationship with my desktop while giving my laptop the middle finger.

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
The only sprite editor that the source is available is FF3SE (2.11 or 2.12). You'll either have to use this as a base or code your own utility from scratch.
  Find

Status
Zombie
Ouch,

Actually, I shouldn't complain, it would definatly serve the purpose and better than...

Thinking to much to type, thanks for the information.

Find