Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Portrait removal patch request for FFVI advance

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Sorry for the late reply. Everything, I tested again your patches and they indeed work perfectly. I guess it was a mistake on my part with the rom version I was patching (I only noticed it with the file size), so I'm very sorry for the inconvenience!

Additionally I also tried applying it to the pre-patched rom I was using earlier (with the sound and color restoration) and there was no problem whatsoever, it worked just fine. Now the game is even better, it effectively removed the dialogue portraits while keeping the menu portraits intact. Thanks to C-Dude's explanation I now understand the differences of the two methods you guys used. Again, thank you very much ! Hello

ps: I forgot in my earlier post that I shouldn't put links to any roms, sorry for that!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Feanor17 for this post:
  • Everything (08-05-2019)

Status
None
Hi, I'm sorry for reviving this thread, but now that I've finished the game (many months ago), I wanted to inform that the portrait-removal patch that Everything made works until the part where you just get the airship for the first time (after the opera scene). After that, the portraits are shown normally again. Is there any possibility to get the same patch for the entire game? Was thinking of beating the game again, that's why I'm bringing it up just now haha. Thank you very much in advance! I'll watch out for anything from you. (sorry for bad english)
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Ah, you must be playing the European version. I looked back at what I did and it looks I only modified the first 20% of the dialog strings. That's because the European version has 5 times as many dialog strings as the US version (for 5 languages instead of just 1). Sorry about that! I made a new patch that will modify all of the dialog strings. Apply this to a fresh ROM (don't use a patched ROM) and let me know if it works. I only tested the beginning of the game. You should be able to use the same save file you used with the other patch.

FF6 Advance (Europe): https://www.mediafire.com/file/nw1ehtxhv...e.ips/file

Edit: To clarify when I say not to use a patched ROM, you can apply this after applying the sound and color restoration patches, just don't apply the old portrait removal patch.
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Everything for this post:
  • Feanor17 (04-17-2020), JWhiteLXXXIX (04-17-2020), madsiur (04-28-2020)

Status
None
Thank you very much for your quick response! I'll apply the patch to a fresh ROM then and try it right away Smile
  Find

Status
None
Hi! I'm posting to say that I finished the game again and the patch worked perfectly, thank you very much ^^
  Find