Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Monika (DDLC), Kasane Teto (Utauloid) and Ralsei Teaser

Threads: 31
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
For the next period, I'm about to temporarily suspend my sprite releases to focus more on my hack's deveopment (Music, Events, etc.), but before doing it, i want to share not 1 or 2, but actually 3 teaser of some sprites i'm currently working on....

Monika (Doki Doki Literature Club)
[Image: iM9w4F2.png]
The famous president of the Literature Club is preparing to come to FFVI. I'm using Terra as a base and it will use a custom palette. Originally conceived with the Terra-style eyes, I changed it to the Relm style to give here a much cute appearance. In the future, I'll also do the sprites of the other club members (i already done the front Sprite!). 

Ralsei (Deltarune)
[Image: EnDvUXC.png]
I finished the 1st Chapter of Deltarune a week ago, and of all the characters featured there, he became my favourite. Composed from scratch, it will use a custom palette that will probably incude the 2 human skin color in 12 intial colors. I'm sure it'll be the most difficult to finish of all the 3 character due to his design (I struggled so much into making his side sprite!).

Kasane Teto (Utauloid)
[Image: kvWkWUF.png]
The most famous character "voice" from Utauloid (a series of voice synthetizer programs similar to Vocaloid, but free). Like Monika, she also uses Terra as a base and has Relm style eyes to fit her appearance. I was also thinking about converting the song Triple Baka (where she is featured) to FFVI (if I manage to find a midi of it)....
  Find

Threads: 23
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
That Ralsei is great, nice work!
  Find

Threads: 31
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
By exploiting the free time gained after my university exams, I went back to finish these 3 sprites and now there 100% completed and ready to be moved to the Playable Characters and NPC Section.

Monika 
[Image: t9Ik4hQ.png][Image: R9wunPp.png]
The Literature Club's president underwent some last minute changes to avoid palette issues in battle: The dark white color of the hair bends was removed and replaced with the light brown of the uniform with the same being applied with red color on the uniform. While Terra stayed the base for most of the sprites, some other were made by using other characters as bases, with honorable mentions being the Ready stance (Based on Locke) and the casting animation (Monk Lenna).
Originally the death sprite was planned to be a straight reference to the original game, but was later changed both to not spoil the plot of DDLC and to make a reference to the ones who actually finished the game.
She still uses a custom palette with the addiciton of Terra's 4 NPC colors.

Ralsei
[Image: 49U94yt.png][Image: WUNRuxg.png]
The main changes in the transition between the teaser and the final version are the basic front, back and side, in which the scarf was adjusted to be consistent to how the walking animations works in game. Aside of this, i tried to stay faithful to the original sprites and I also recreated some of them like the casting animation, the death and the unmasked sprite ( the latter placed on the "Japanese letters/Frightened Terra pose).
He still uses a custom palette in which the human skin colors were kept.
The portrait is a revamped version of one of his dialogue portrait from the original game.

Kasane Teto
[Image: u9fjBv8.png][Image: VjRLDqF.png]
Unlike the other two, she didn't received any noticible changes in her transition to the final version (and I didn't convert Triple Baka to FFVI yet). However, she received a bonus outfit!
[Image: HuRZQXv.png]
Since she is a (virtual) Idol/Singer, I decided to make a Opera Dress version of her, that you can use in case you want to use her your as Celes replacement. Inspired by Opera Dress Tifa in ROTDS, I gave her a red dress whose colors are present on her custom palette as 2 of the NPC colors of both this and the normal outfit's sprites.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to LoneRedMage for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (10-10-2019)