Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My first ff4 hack test wip

Status
None
One simple hack that will swap cecil and rydia.
I will use one tool i found in internet to also swap the dialogue of then.
Why, Rydia is my fav char and yeah only that.
Here a wip screenshot of it.

[Image: 7v5Ap53.png]
Maybe i will also swap the commands (make summoner/paladin rydia have summon instead of white magic and etc) if i find how.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
This can be an interesting small hack if you manage to give the good commands to Rydia and have the story blend well with that character change.
  Find

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
(03-02-2019, 12:48 PM)S.grassTH Wrote: One simple hack that will swap cecil and rydia.
Hmm... this is an interesting premise.  I'd like to explore the story implications.

If Rydia is working for the Baron Red Wings, was she put into the position against her will?  Perhaps she was kidnapped from Mist (a neighboring settlement, after all) and weaponized, much like Terra Branford in FF6.
That would make Kain her handler and Rosa her tutor.  Which would explain something later...

Rydia would be responsible for the death of her mother, as she and Kain would have slain the Mist Dragon on their orders to deliver the bomb.  Likewise, Cecil Harvey would have gone to Mist in advance to warn them of the attack, having discussed the matter with Rosa before Rydia was deployed to Mysidia to steal their crystal.  ...If Rosa went with him on an airship, it'd explain why she got desert fever; approaching Mist from the east is not an easy task.

Learning she killed her own mother, Rydia would suffer a mental break and open a chasm, raising a mountain between Mist and the desert.  Nearly killing Cecil and wracked with guilt, she'd be forced to drag him to the closest settlement.  But Cecil's wanted for treason, having warned Mist of the attack...

Then the plot would be roughly unchanged until the boat, wherein Cecil is swallowed by the Maelstrom (why doesn't Leviathan kill him?).  Rydia climbs the mountains to cleanse her guilt (more palpable, considering what happened in Mist would be her fault), consequently becoming a high summoner and learning to summon her mother's eidolon (the Mist Dragon).  ...Why age, though?  Maybe instead she should become more otherworldly, like the Maenads or Cuore from After Years [not that I'm endorsing that trainwreck... but it had a few interesting elements].

EDIT [Continuation]: Rosa's abduction would have a different connotation; it'd be a conflict of the angel and devil on Rydia's shoulders.  The magnetic cave would have less impact, though, unless Rydia's class change allows her to use a sword.

Let's see... what else... Cecil would be the one who comes to the rescue in the underworld (would he have aged?  Did Leviathan spare him out of curiosity because of his training as a dark knight?  He wouldn't have a class change in this hypothetical).  Then the rest of the game's plot would be relatively unchanged... unless I'm forgetting something.

Sounds pretty cool.  Isn't it fascinating how much switching the roles of two characters can have an impact on the plot?
  Find

Status
None
(03-02-2019, 08:17 PM)C-Dude Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 12:48 PM)S.grassTH Wrote: One simple hack that will swap cecil and rydia.
Hmm... this is an interesting premise.  I'd like to explore the story implications.

If Rydia is working for the Baron Red Wings, was she put into the position against her will?  Perhaps she was kidnapped from Mist (a neighboring settlement, after all) and weaponized, much like Terra Branford in FF6.
That would make Kain her handler and Rosa her tutor.  Which would explain something later...

Rydia would be responsible for the death of her mother, as she and Kain would have slain the Mist Dragon on their orders to deliver the bomb.  Likewise, Cecil Harvey would have gone to Mist in advance to warn them of the attack, having discussed the matter with Rosa before Rydia was deployed to Mysidia to steal their crystal.  ...If Rosa went with him on an airship, it'd explain why she got desert fever; approaching Mist from the east is not an easy task.

Learning she killed her own mother, Rydia would suffer a mental break and open a chasm, raising a mountain between Mist and the desert.  Nearly killing Cecil and wracked with guilt, she'd be forced to drag him to the closest settlement.  But Cecil's wanted for treason, having warned Mist of the attack...

Then the plot would be roughly unchanged until the boat, wherein Cecil is swallowed by the Maelstrom (why doesn't Leviathan kill him?).  Rydia climbs the mountains to cleanse her guilt (more palpable, considering what happened in Mist would be her fault), consequently becoming a high summoner and learning to summon her mother's eidolon (the Mist Dragon).  ...Why age, though?  Maybe instead she should become more otherworldly, like the Maenads or Cuore from After Years [not that I'm endorsing that trainwreck... but it had a few interesting elements].

EDIT [Continuation]: Rosa's abduction would have a different connotation; it'd be a conflict of the angel and devil on Rydia's shoulders.  The magnetic cave would have less impact, though, unless Rydia's class change allows her to use a sword.

Let's see... what else... Cecil would be the one who comes to the rescue in the underworld (would he have aged?  Did Leviathan spare him out of curiosity because of his training as a dark knight?  He wouldn't have a class change in this hypothetical).  Then the rest of the game's plot would be relatively unchanged... unless I'm forgetting something.

Sounds pretty cool.  Isn't it fascinating how much switching the roles of two characters can have an impact on the plot?

well sorry to break it for you
but i kinda stopped developing the hack because i started other hack with someone instead
that is basically ff4 but all characters use their final fantasy record keeper sprites instead in battle

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-05-2019, 02:20 PM)S.grassTH Wrote: well sorry to break it for you
but i kinda stopped developing the hack because i started other hack with someone instead

That was a quick change of mind. I'm gonna close this thread since it's pretty useless to discuss a dead WIP project that will never be release.
  Find