Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
I decided to put out an update before the FF3usME compatibility issue is fixed. Mostly because I don't understand how to hack FF6. My only significant fix (Blitz Tutorial) was done with FF3usME's monster script editor. Moving the jump-to points sounds great. But I haven't figured any of that stuff out. And I don't know if I'll have time soon. I might remove those patches. I don't know. We'll see. I'll worry about it later.

Anywah... Here's version 2.1.

Added: Alternative Rage (SilentEnigma), Status Icon Overflow (SilentEnigma), Stray Flash (The FF6Hacking Community).

Moved: Bottomless HP and MP Well (to the Battles patch, but is still in the master fix too).

Simple enough, but I feel good finally updating again. Alternative Rage is what I consider the least obtrusive way to grant access to Chupon and Siegfried's Rages. Thanks to SilentEnigma for making my request a reality. And of course thanks again to all the patch makers that make this all possible.

Considering: Dropping support for the headered version. With the wonderful Headerizer program it's easy to convert a no-header patch to a header patch if the user wants to. And the separate patching options don't have headered versions anyway (and won't).

Considering: Finding a download host for the patches. Because currently people have to log in to download them. And it would be nice to not have to do that.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CVReynolds for this post:
  • SilentEnigma (04-22-2022)

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 20
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Enlight
Don't go too far, C.V.
I kind of biffed it on my new patch!  Surprised
(Can you spot the problem?)

Status
None
No. I haven't had time to test anything lately. Sad

What's the problem? Which patch has it?

Status
Enlight
Status Icon Overflow 1.0 turns your HP/MP/level values teal in the Skills menu. Version 1.1 coming tonight tomorrow at you like a freight train.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • CVReynolds (04-24-2022)

Status
None
UPDATED: Status Icon Overflow (SilentEnigma) is now 1.1, so your eyes will no longer be DESTROYED by the TEAL. :O Thank you. :3

And of course there's no way to tell that from looking at the comp archive itself. Hmm. Maybe I should try to document the version numbers in the readme sometime. Sometime when there's time, I suppose. :/

Happy patching. Grab that new version always, or ELSE (unless you really love the TEAL). :3
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CVReynolds for this post:
  • SilentEnigma (04-24-2022)

Status
Enlight
XD
Thanks C.V.

By the way, where I land with the FF3usME issue is to provide a separate "fix" patch to restore that chunk of event data after it gets overwritten by FF3usME. (Attached, feel free to use however/wherever)

Keeping the "fix" patch separate makes sense to me because it's really a problem with FF3usME, not the compilation.

.ips  FF3usME-Event-Fix_NH.ips (69 bytes, 6 downloads)

EDIT 2022-07-06:

(01-02-2022, 02:29 AM)CVReynolds Wrote: Oh, and I'm aware that if a patch that includes "Pugs Rage" is used (such as the patches in this project), one can't patch with Alphabetical Rage afterward. Until now, anyway. I made this for myself, but you all can have it too. This is a adaptation patch. If you apply Pugs Rage, THEN apply Alphabetical Rage, apply this patch afterward to make things right. :3 (obviously don't apply this if you aren't going to use the patches in the order I stated, though)

UPDATE: Mentioned fix-it patch removed because it was reportedly faulty. Sorry. Sad

See below for a (theoretically) working fix patch.  Hello 
.zip  Alphabetical_Rage_Repair.zip (716 bytes, 1 downloads)
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • CVReynolds (07-26-2022), hairy_hen (06-09-2022)

Status
None
I'm back. Sorry for the delay. DrakeyC, I'm sorry I made it look like I wasn't regarding your work. It was not on purpose. Sad Not that you complained at all. I'm just feeling incompetent. I've been examining my wasted life and poor mental health lately. I'm working on overcoming a many months long depression spell. So I've been working on other important projects to me. It's been going well, which has increased my self-esteem. But onto the patch updates.

Added:

Figaro Guard Fix (DrakeyC) (Events fixes)
Imperial Camp Dialogue Bugfix (DrakeyC) (Events fixes)

Updated:

Everybody Gets a Chocobo! (PowerPanda) (Grapics fixes) (edit by me)

The edit to Everybody Gets a Chocobo! is only to remove the unnecessary data edit done by FF3usME. By changing this, I've greatly decreased the overall size of the patches. The patch's function should be completely unchanged.

Take care, everyone. :3
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to CVReynolds for this post:
  • Lilpuddy31 (07-27-2022), SilentEnigma (08-02-2022)

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
I honestly hadn't noticed, but thank you. And, hear you 100% on mental health, I'm glad things are improving for you and hope they keep doing so.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DrakeyC for this post:
  • CVReynolds (09-11-2022)

Status
Enlight
Nice fixes @DrakeyC.

FYI, not sure if this has been noticed with the Imperial Camp fix --
Using CC/FE1B - CC/FE1D for the new data makes FF3usME think that the field dialog script pointers have been hand-edited, so the dialog editor will not open.
Putting the new data anywhere CC/FE1E and beyond would keep the dialog editor accessible (notwithstanding other patch conflicts). Also, the farther you move the data away from the pointer table, the more captions can be added to the dialog script before conflicting.

And just like ZozoJump / Duncan Stay Put / Precious Jewels, the patch will need to be re-applied after making any dialog edits with FF3usME.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • CVReynolds (09-11-2022)

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
Apologies if this is a problem others have pointed out, but after applying the Bugfix comp patch, the dialogue pointers are changed so FF3usME can no longer edit dialogue or item descriptions. FF6Tools can still edit it, but yeah, that's a pain.

As for my two bugfix patches, I'll fix them up and move their new data to a safer spot and get back to you.

EDIT - I misread, only the Imperial Camp needed fixing, and here it is. It now uses a little bit at CC/6096, which is unused in the vanilla game.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/umzk47t8v...x.zip/file
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to DrakeyC for this post:
  • CVReynolds (10-02-2022), SilentEnigma (10-01-2022)