Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need help with event flag.

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Dark-Arts
Hello everyone, yesterday I was playing the semi-translated FF6 T-Edition and I intentionally skipped the Shoat (defeated) and Carbuncle battles that took place after the first fight with Kefka, and now I'm right before the Floating Continent. It ocurred to me to watch the Poemato's walkthrough of the hack to see if I missed something, until I saw this.

How can I do to make those three npc to appear in that place to fight Carbuncle, as he did in the video, when they were already gone? I have no idea about hacking/editing roms. In the video he's at the same point as I, with the difference that I don't know how to do the thing that he did.

I tried to use FF6LE but this happens: 

I'd really appreciate if you help me, thank you for reading.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
You won't need to edit the ROM itself -- what he did was edit the game's memory with a cheat code, replacing the value at memory address 7E/1F49. (A bit -- or an event flag -- would have been set during one of the events you've finished that stopped those NPCs from showing up anymore.) By reverting that flag, it means the NPCs can show up again. Unfortunately, he didn't actually say what he changed the memory address TO, so I can't help you there. Changing the memory byte back to #$AC afterwards restores the events you've completed so you can continue the game as you were.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GrayShadows for this post:
  • Mantecol (07-23-2018)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Dark-Arts
(07-23-2018, 07:34 PM)GrayShadows Wrote: You won't need to edit the ROM itself -- what he did was edit the game's memory with a cheat code, replacing the value at memory address 7E/1F49. (A bit -- or an event flag -- would have been set during one of the events you've finished that stopped those NPCs from showing up anymore.) By reverting that flag, it means the NPCs can show up again. Unfortunately, he didn't actually say what he changed the memory address TO, so I can't help you there. Changing the memory byte back to #$AC afterwards restores the events you've completed so you can continue the game as you were.

he used a game genie! I had to watch that part of the video again.
well I suppose that I cannot do that, so I guess that I will have to continue without the esper  Laugh

Edit: I DID IT, the only thing that I had to do was change the value of the adress 7E1F49 to 55, thank you!

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
Not an actual game genie. Most (if not all) emulators have a similar function built in; he was using SNES9X, which has a Cheat menu that allows you to load Game Genie and Pro Action Replay codes, or to search through the game's RAM to create cheats of your own.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find