Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Finishing Off The Complete Roster Hack

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
There is already a hack that utilizes the Full Roster Hack to make Leo a permanent party member, called Divergent Paths.
I'd wager Return of the Dark Sorcerer will implement it eventually as well, since that hack already has 2 extra permanent party members, they're just not treated as full party members. But that's probably in the distant future since it'd be a lot of work.

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Scorcher for this post:
  • Gens (06-13-2022)

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(06-12-2022, 10:09 PM)T29 Wrote: I have five questions about this patch:
  • Can be used to add Leo as a permanent party member?
  • It's compatible with FF6tools or FF3usMe?
  • How do I install it?
  • It's compatible with other patches and bugfixes?
  • It's for version v1.0 or v1.1?

1. Yes. My hack, Divergent Paths, adds Leo, and a 16th character as well. The hack ReCast also makes use of it.
2. Yes. It is compatible at least with FF3usMe. I haven't tested with FF6tools, but I don't foresee any compatibility issues.
3. This is an expert-level hack. I don't know if we ever got around to creating an IPS of this. You may have to read through the forums and compile the ASM/make hex edits. I want to say that i got 95% of the way to finishing this, but the last 5% conflicted with Divergent Paths, so I never went back and created a standalone.
4. Yes, it's compatible with almost everything. It touches parts of the code that aren't normally updated.
5. Version 1.0

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • T92 (06-13-2022)

Threads: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Focus
(06-13-2022, 01:29 AM)PowerPanda Wrote:
  • How do I install it?
  • It's compatible with other patches and bugfixes?

1. Yes. My hack, Divergent Paths, adds Leo, and a 16th character as well. The hack ReCast also makes use of it.
2. Yes. It is compatible at least with FF3usMe. I haven't tested with FF6tools, but I don't foresee any compatibility issues.
3. This is an expert-level hack. I don't know if we ever got around to creating an IPS of this. You may have to read through the forums and compile the ASM/make hex edits. I want to say that i got 95% of the way to finishing this, but the last 5% conflicted with Divergent Paths, so I never went back and created a standalone.
4. Yes, it's compatible with almost everything. It touches parts of the code that aren't normally updated.
5. Version 1.0

Thanks.  Victory

I guess I'll only have to edit some events to add Leo to the party.

[Image: ff6006.png][Image: ff6009.png][Image: ff6010.png][Image: ff6011.png][Image: unknown.png]
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Whoa. You cracked the code on displaying 16 characters on the shop screen?

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
X-Zone
(06-13-2022, 05:42 PM)T29 Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 01:29 AM)PowerPanda Wrote:
  • How do I install it?
  • It's compatible with other patches and bugfixes?

5. Version 1.0

Thanks.  Victory

I guess I'll only have to edit some events to add Leo to the party.

[Image: ff6006.png][Image: ff6009.png][Image: ff6010.png][Image: ff6011.png][Image: unknown.png]

Do you plan to add 16th playable character?
  Find

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
(06-14-2022, 08:22 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: Whoa. You cracked the code on displaying 16 characters on the shop screen?

That was part of version 0.88 of the Full Roster hack.  I wrote that code.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to C-Dude for this post:
  • T92 (06-14-2022)

Threads: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Focus
(06-14-2022, 08:22 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: Whoa. You cracked the code on displaying 16 characters on the shop screen?

I found some notes on this thread and with some changes to pallete I managed to add both Leo and Banon to the screen. 

[Image: full_roster009.png]

(06-14-2022, 08:29 PM)C-Dude Wrote:

That was part of version 0.88 of the Full Roster hack.  I wrote that code.

Yeah. I used a note from that file and managed to add Leo and Banon to the shop.

(06-14-2022, 08:25 PM)rhonryderz Wrote: Do you plan to add 16th playable character?

Maybe I add something like a dark knight or some job from other FF at the extra mode of the hack if I manage to create the events. Victory
  Find