Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
IOS Portraits for SNES (Finished)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-20-2018, 11:51 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: In order to tie an NPC to an event, you need to tie them to an event bit in the 500 or 600 block. There isn't a disassembly that lists which of those bits affect which NPCs, or more importantly, which ones are open.

There's the NPC Data List here. I also made an Access version, if you have that program you can sort the bits in order and see which ones are unused.

I'm a bit late to the party and it's still very early here but adding guests in slots $0E and $0F and swapping them should work without problem I was not aware of the battle problem when two characters have same properties though, because what change the battle sprite should be the gfx-set set by event.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
The battle sprite problem when people share properties is universal between SNES/PS/GBA. I don't know about IOS and Steam, but I'd assume it exists there too. And it's too bad because it could have allowed you to let a guest share equip lists with a main character.

So real quick, I moved Banon and Leo back over Gogo and Umaro. Gogo and Umaro are guests. It's the actual characters, not copies, so Gogo can still use magic and access his mimic menu and Umaro's still berserk. So I need to find the addresses to lock Gogo's Equipment and Relics and lock Umaro's Relics, since every time you readd a guest it completely overwrites their data. I don't know if it will be possible to unlock Banon and Leo's equips without affecting 0C and 0D, but that's fine because they have the best store bought equips in the proper tiers since you get them so late. But this allows Banon and Leo to be on the party select and Cyans Dream and Gogo and Umaro are interchangable with Wedge, Biggs, and the 2 Ghosts for your Guests you add by speaking to them. So I need to lock the equips/relics for 0C and 0D. In the meantime I'll be trying to figure it out unless I'm beat to it.
*EDIT: Nevermind on this. I already fixed it. Gogo and Umaro's equips are now locked. But the second probably impossible part still stands. Getting character's 0E/0F's equipment/relics enabled without reactivating 0C/0D. It looks like the address says all characters up to this offset can access the menu in question, that's why I'm assuming it's impossible without affecting 0C/0D.

On an unrelated note, without the Woolsey Uncencored Edition translation/bugfix patch, the characters all display normal on the save screen and party select, but as soon as I install it Biggs/Wedge both use the soldier palette, both Ghosts take their palette from Strago/Relm and Banon/Leo take their palette from imp for the save screen/party select. It's minor, but what could be causing this?. I know for fact it's that translation patch at this point. They display fine if it's the proper point in the game, but when you get to the World of Ruin it's like their save screen palette assignment for the properties of guests gets redirected. I can see why it would work fine earlier on, since Strago/Relm are assigned Palette 0. And that would mean until you're at a certain point it has the imp using palette 3 for Banon and the imp would be switched to Palette 0 afterwards for Leo. I also noticed Kefka always uses Terra's palette for the save/party screen. Why the author did it this way instead of letting the guests use the save screen palettes of their actual sprite, who knows. Also noticed if the translation patch is installed, Umaro's Blizzard Storm is called Holy Sword. Little errors I'd like to manually fix if possible.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
After those last few posts I have a hard time following and tracking what you have changed but one thing I know is putting Banon and Leo on characters $0C and $0D and putting Gogo and Umaro on guest slots $0E and $0F is complicating the thing way too much for what the hack should be.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
You could always wait, like, a week or two for us to finish up the beta of the Full Roster Hack. It makes slots $0E and $0F fully usable, even from the party select screen, and makes profiles $0E and $0F able to equip anything. The hacking's all done; I just have a bit of a backlog of work right now finishing up a couple of other tasks.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (05-20-2019)