Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Amano Krile Teaser

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Slow
Boy has it been a while since last I did spriting for the heck of it, or spriting in general. But recently doing gameplay of the mobile game Dissidia final fantasy opera omnia. I struck what I sought after from one of their Relic draw systems, which includes things for Krile. and because of such, I decided I will make a Amano art style spritesheet of Krile for the heck of it. Considering her in game appearance is that of her Amano art design.

Here is what I got started as side pose
[Image: CE7gNFV.png]

Idk when I'll finish, but I hope I can think up finished version sooner than later.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Looks nice dude, she's practically a dead ringer for Terra, but I see from briefly researching the character that that's true to her artwork as well - she looks like Terra!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Cool teaser! I guess we now know where Terra Amano's artwork inspiration come from...

Her RK sprite look less like Terra, she is also supposed to be shorter than her, you should take that route:
[Image: FFRK_Krile.png]
  Find

Status
Slow
I did consider that but considering certain details and the fact she is taller than either relm or eiko in OO considering she 14. I went for taller route, but if you compare side by side krile and terra, you will notice that WIP is a pixel shorter, I may try doing 2 pixels shorter, which would make the sprite taller than relm, and shorter than gau, but no sprite here has entered that range of height from my pov seeing various sprites.

Edit: here is a side by side comparison and notice the slight height difference.

[Image: W83eleW.png]
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
What is Amano style?

Looks great. Similar/familiar to other characters but unique in it's own right too.
A+

Status
Slow
Amano style refers to how Yoshitaka Amano, character designer for FF series, designs characters in concept art, which appear significantly different than how they render in game most of the time. Krile interestingly in her Amano concept arts bears much similarity to terra. But then again, ff6 reused stuff once planned for ff5 if memory serves.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-28-2018, 02:28 PM)ScarabEnigma Wrote: I went for taller route, but if you compare side by side krile and terra, you will notice that WIP is a pixel shorter, I may try doing 2 pixels shorter, which would make the sprite taller than relm, and shorter than gau, but no sprite here has entered that range of height from my pov seeing various sprites.

Given some of her hair makes her officially 24px tall, I would take the route of her head being 22px (with that hair at 23px), she would look more juvenile and closer to Relm / Eiko height than Celes or Terra. There's always a first time to everything, I don't see why spriting 22px tall would be much more of a puzzle than spriting 21px or 24 px tall. I think also her hair could use more contrast, the two yellow are a bit too close to each other IMO.
  Find

Status
Slow
I've actually started making a sprite that is shorter than gau, taller than relm, and boy have i found some problems with poses here and there, but despite, it works and it shouldn't be an issue dropping krile's height by a pixel to match up in height.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
freds right it needs to be relm size otherwise she looks adult plain and simple

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Slow
I'll settle for at least a pixel taller than relm. Sometimes detail potential is lost extensively.
  Find