Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ff3se 2.12

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Shell
I got a bit annoyed at ff3se (the atma weapon one), so...I made some changes.

1.) It now works with both headered and unheadered ROMs
2.) If you don't make any changes in the Monsters or Espers tabs, it won't make a bunch of pointless changes to that part of the ROM.
3.) In the export dialog, if you change the filename and then change the file type or click browse, it doesn't forget the changes you made to the filename.
4.) You can export portraits to a .bin and .pal if you want.

I have also incorporated the changes from ff3se_m into the source code, and they can be turned on or off with a #define.

ff3se: http://www.mediafire.com/file/og1pk6b57b...e_2.12.zip
ff3se_m: http://www.mediafire.com/file/r39xm67imp...m_2.12.zip
source: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kb8j39nybm...source.zip
  Find
[-] The following 7 users say Thank You to Subtraction for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (05-05-2018), JWhiteLXXXIX (05-05-2018), madsiur (05-05-2018), Morendo (05-31-2020), ScarabEnigma (05-05-2018), SSJ Rick (05-09-2018), Turbotastic (05-05-2018)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
This is pretty awesome. I'll add your version to the wiki. I must have spent a few hours trying to compile the solution in VS 2015 but never had any luck. I was able to once make some debug build but it was not working outside my PC.

Which library have you linked to make it compile? I tried older and newer versions of libpng but it was not working..
  Find

Status
Shell
It links libpng 1.6.28.1, which is the latest version in VS 2015's NuGet Package Manager.
  Find

Status
Shell
Update: I missed one change needed for the ff3se_m to work properly. That and the source have been updated.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Subtraction for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (07-24-2019)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(09-13-2018, 02:38 AM)Subtraction Wrote: Update: I missed one change needed for the ff3se_m to work properly. That and the source have been updated.

Thanks Subtraction! I'll update the wiki links.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Only thing I wish it would do is be able edit the riding and wounded sprites in the game. Maybe someday.
  Find

Status
Shell
Updated to fix crashing. The problem was that when you link libpng, you have to set the project to build with /MD flag, or it crashes sometimes. I was using /MT.
  Find

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
(11-18-2018, 05:18 AM)Subtraction Wrote: Updated to fix crashing. The problem was that when you link libpng, you have to set the project to build with /MD flag, or it crashes sometimes. I was using /MT.

I'm not sure if you saw my shoutbox post, but I seem to have reached a limitation of 199 images in the editor.  Even though it lets me create images well above 199, it won't save any image that is over 199 (the image will corrupt and won't save).  This is a huge stumbling block for me, because I was going to add at least another 15-20 monsters with the 23,000 bytes I still have free.  In fact, I was going to use my 4-day Thanksgiving weekend to import a lot more monsters, but I'm not sure if it will be a waste of time or not if this is a hard-coded limitation of the game, or just a problem with the editor!  I'm not sure if anyone can look at this or not, but it would help me continue my progress!

Edit: Actually, now I'm not sure it has to do with any kind of image limit. The program might be incorrect about there being 23,000 bytes remaining, or there is some other bug. Whenever I get down to around 23,000 bytes remaining, I cannot import any more images and save the file without corruption happening. In fact, the editor won't even let me replace a smaller monster sprite with a larger one without the app crashing altogether. This definitely appears to be a bug!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(11-22-2018, 05:22 PM)Lightning Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 05:18 AM)Subtraction Wrote: Updated to fix crashing. The problem was that when you link libpng, you have to set the project to build with /MD flag, or it crashes sometimes. I was using /MT.

I'm not sure if you saw my shoutbox post, but I seem to have reached a limitation of 199 images in the editor.  Even though it lets me create images well above 199, it won't save any image that is over 199 (the image will corrupt and won't save).  This is a huge stumbling block for me, because I was going to add at least another 15-20 monsters with the 23,000 bytes I still have free.  In fact, I was going to use my 4-day Thanksgiving weekend to import a lot more monsters, but I'm not sure if it will be a waste of time or not if this is a hard-coded limitation of the game, or just a problem with the editor!  I'm not sure if anyone can look at this or not, but it would help me continue my progress!

Thanks to Madsiur figuring this out a workaround method can be used to get around this issue.
You need to simply 'Clear' the broken image, and re-import it.
So it'd be like:
Step 1: New Image
Step 2: save...
Step 3: open ff3se again and go to the broken image.
Step 4: CLEAR broken image, and re-upload said image once more.
Step 5: save.

That seems to fix 'er back to working for whatever reason, at least it has for me. Thanks Madsiur!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
(05-24-2019, 09:00 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 05:22 PM)Lightning Wrote:

Thanks to Madsiur figuring this out a workaround method can be used to get around this issue.
You need to simply 'Clear' the broken image, and re-import it.
So it'd be like:
Step 1: New Image
Step 2: save...
Step 3: open ff3se again and go to the broken image.
Step 4: CLEAR broken image, and re-upload said image once more.
Step 5: save.

That seems to fix 'er back to working for whatever reason, at least it has for me. Thanks Madsiur!

Doesn't work for me, unfortunately!  Every time I save it, graphics are corrupted (especially the imp in the Espers tab).  No matter how many times I re-save and open, it is corrupted.  It seems I am capped at 29,488 "free space" of bytes remaining.  If I use up any more than that, corruption occurs.
  Find