Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Combining hacks

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
OK so...
I'm combining two different hacks/mods, one being the music mod Dancing Mad, and a simple sprite mod i did. I turned my sprite mod into a .ips patch.  Music mod works fantastic, but unfortunately, I have to use Snes9X as Zsnes isn't compatible. Which is fine, but, adding the sprite mod I made for my hack from a SMC edited in ff3usME onto the Snes9x sfc rom kinda killed the rom. 

Both roms are unheadered, and both roms are 1.0. Obviously I'm missing something, or am I wrong and that the Dancing mad hack is NOT compatible with any other mod?

Any information would be appreciated.

Oh, my mod automatically increases the size of the rom to 32, as the palette expansion hack is also included into my patch.

I'm trying to step outside my comfort zone and try something new. It's getting frustrating running into a wall every 5 seconds. *shakes fist at air*

Thanks in advance guys!!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Maybe FF3usME would expect a .sfc file to be the Japanese version, try changing the extension to .smc for your edits if an editor doesn't seem to work with the .sfc ROM.

As for possible conflicts, you can make a patch from the MSU-1 mod applied to a clean ROM and verify conflicts with your other patches with a patch conflict finder. I think there is a MSU-1 patch already in the source folder of the MSU-1 mod, worst case you can get it on Github.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Giro (04-21-2018)

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Haha Silly me. One of the patches was for unheadered, while the other was for headered...

See this is why I just need to stop doing these things when I'm tired hahaha. Could have sworn they were both unheadered lol

Thanks Madsiur!

Oh, and yes changing the file extension also helped =D
  Find