Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3us Multi Editor for PC steam version?

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Is it even feasible or possible?
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 24
Status
None
(02-23-2018, 07:10 PM)Soulmancer Wrote: Is it even feasible or possible?

I'm pretty sure that the "Steam" version is just the GBA version with a secondary program running the GBA data and then putting different sprites over things in places.

EDIT; Also, if you're modding the steam version, expect many/most/all of the "Trophies" to break due to things being changed around.
  Find

Status
None
No really interested in the trophy's... The steam version does have some nice graphical improvement mods, though the SNES rom seems to have all the gameplay overhauls
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
Yes it is possible. I made tests with various data of the GBA ROM that is inside the game and modifying them was modifying in game in a lot of cases but not always. I did not tested everything and everything that needed to be treated differently in the PC version was either unused or had exception cases coded in the executable file.

Modifying things like dialogues won't work as well as some map related data. Modifying event will work but some event code is treated differently or there are hooks to treat some event commands or events directly in the .exe file. Changing music for a battle was also not working, I have not tested events. ARM obviously won't be read at all.

The best is use a hex editor and tediously modifying stuff and testing in-game.
  Find

Status
None
Sounds like the Steam version is much more of a hardcoded pain in the ass!  Thank you Square-Enix.
  Find