Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Filipinac's 2018 Sprites

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-11-2018, 12:22 AM)ScarabEnigma Wrote: I must inform i did my looking into on noctis' ffrk sprite and it appears it uses all of the extra four colors normally not used in battles. Try as I might, the dark shades of the colors are so close to each other, I cannot find a compromise which can work out compared to the ffrk sprites i worked with prior.

I had a sprite of 18 colors that I was able to drop to 12 colors to fit FF6 limitations. It's also possible with virtually any 16 colors sprite and if the colors are close to each others it can even be an advantage in some cases compared to a palette with more colors that are distanced from each other.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Final Fantasy Record Keeper is a my favorite game.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
Ok then...Hold my beer.

[Image: Jp9PTQ9.png]

[Image: ovZQRNx.png]

Notice how it is not locke front and back, nor is it even perfect imo i simply made it to give you an idea of what you can do
Uses DEFAULT pallet #4 and none of the last four colours.
also i noticed you didn't bother with the different arm poses on the second line
these are needed as its how the characters use weapons and appear in menus etc
next time try to not just use locke as the front and back (in fact for front and back poses that aren't being directly copied from rk delete them,
look at how the other sprites move details down as they go from side view to front and back(that is how i made this)
i looked at how sabins face moved down from the side view by two pixels for the front facing view as a reference and drew the front and back to the rk sprite in a similar way
and yes it took a good few hours. its not a race at the end of the day. i'm sure u'd rather post one really good sprite a month then 10 like this.
Everything LordSutebenu said u should take on board. ff rk is a great game i agree but it does not have front facing sprites or back, so u need to learn how they are constructed in ffvi,
also the base for this was shadow. i bet u couldn't tell. that's how it should be really
i hope this helps explain somewhat. if you need any help in future shoot me a pm and i can give u some tips.
keep trying. everything takes practise

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to JWhiteLXXXIX for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (03-11-2018), madsiur (03-11-2018), Tenkarider (03-11-2018)

Status
None
It's really exelent for using default palette 4.
  Find

Status
Imprisoned
i dropped the two lighter colours for his under robes but u could even prob still have space for them all i think. i just prefer making things for default pallets these days
makes it easier for any1 to install your work into ffvi. i hope u kinda get what i'm driving at tho in regards to looking at a sprite from the side and applying that to front and back poses,it is almost as simple as just dropping everything by two pixels, the looking down poses have a methodology to them as well. the best thing you can do is look carefully at another ffvi sprite as you work, i had two instances of ffse open at once one with this rk sprite and the other to view how vanila character pixels moved up or down from there different poses. doing it in this way ul soon start seeing patterns in how they are made. Thanks btw i wish u luck with u next one and hope this helps a bit Smile

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
(03-11-2018, 09:30 AM)JWhiteLXXXIX Wrote: Ok then...Hold my beer.

[Image: Jp9PTQ9.png]

[Image: ovZQRNx.png]

Notice how it is not locke front and back, nor is it even perfect imo i simply made it to give you an idea of what you can do
Uses DEFAULT pallet #4 and none of the last four colours.
also i noticed you didn't bother with the different arm poses on the second line
these are needed as its how the characters use weapons and appear in menus etc
next time try to not just use locke as the front and back (in fact for front and back poses that aren't being directly copied from rk delete them,
look at how the other sprites move details down as they go from side view to front and back(that is how i made this)
i looked at how sabins face moved down from the side view by two pixels for the front facing view as a reference and drew the front and back to the rk sprite in a similar way
and yes it took a good few hours. its not a race at the end of the day. i'm sure u'd rather post one really good sprite a month then 10 like this.
Everything LordSutebenu said u should take on board. ff rk is a great game i agree but it does not have front facing sprites or back, so u need to learn how they are constructed in ffvi,
also the base for this was shadow. i bet u couldn't tell. that's how it should be really
i hope this helps explain somewhat. if you need any help in future shoot me a pm and i can give u some tips.
keep trying. everything takes practise

This is actually a pretty good sprite sheet though.
The hair can be cleaned up a little bit, but the outfit is pretty on point. I enjoy the cinching in the back, that's a great eye for detail. 
As it is, I would say for the OP to maybe borrow this and make a Noctis sheet that is his own. I think the palette in this is a good one, and has the foundation to be amazing.

as far as colors, in this sheet, I would use the bluish color that you put on the vest as Noctis' undershirt. The way you have the vest sprited actually allows for a nice transition with the blacks. 

Also, I'm living for that Carbuncle. I love it.
  Find

Status
None
Hey guys, I'm have got a Bikke sprite sheet from Final Fantasy 1.Here is it:

[Image: sKM7UoQ.png]
  Find

Status
Imprisoned
The front and back poses are clearly sabin. You need to put more effort into your work.. at the moment its just badly put together rips. I tried explaining to you last time how you could go about it
as did several others. I'm not sure what your trying to achieve by doing this everyday. The side poses he clearly had a cloak and the front is just sabin with a weird hat. Why you didn't use setzer as a base is beyond me, at least setzer has a somewhat similar cloak style. As I said ideally you should not use any sprite as a base and take longer on your work, anyone can throw rk/ripped sprites into ffse this doesn't make you a spriter. please take on board what I and others have said.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JWhiteLXXXIX for this post:
  • LordSutebenu (03-12-2018)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
Since you almost never reply to the input of other people and advice given to you and since you don't improve your existing sprites that would need some corrections, I decided to merge all your sprite threads except the one with your 2017 sprites. From now on all your new spritesheets will need to be posted in this thread. Failing to follow this directive will result in a warning and at the 2nd offense it is a permanent ban. If because of language barrier or some other reason you don't understand this paragraph, please send me a pm because this is important.

Do you consider than that Bikke sprite is a finished sprite? To me it look like half the pose have a long purple coat (the record Keeper ones) and the other half he is dressed as Sabin with a pirate hat. Now in this thread you are free to post all the Record Keeper sprites, finished or not finished in FF6 style you want but take in account it discourage experienced spriters to help you when most of what they say seem to be ignored. Don't be afraid to take the appropriate time to do a better sprites that will not look rushed.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • JWhiteLXXXIX (03-12-2018)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
bro are you even listening to what we are saying to you?

I feel like you are ignoring what we are saying to you for the most part and people here are going out of their way to try and be nice and helpful, but if you're just going to be rude and not even acknowledge anyone or anything especially because you are ignoring the fact that people are going out of their way to respond to you with the intention to help

its not cool man

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC