Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A classic FF6-like Multiplayer online fangame

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello  Hello there, I thought this here would be the most appropriate place to inform people about this finished project being a thing.

There is an absolutely free to play custom multi-player online fangame that Lioran worked on for months which uses many tools that provide game-play elements (like background- & battle-musics and sound-effects, more than 30 characters among 4 different classes, tilesets and visual effects for overworld and dungeons, items/consumables/gear, abilities/spells/weapon-effects, optional pvp/duels between groups, menus for stats and settings/configurations, shops and trading with other players, etc.) from games like Final Fantasy 6, Lufia 2, Chrono Trigger, and Breath of Fire Surprised  .

If you are interested in playing/experiencing this game, that is best to play with friends joining into parties (since it's quite the challenge solo), to share and trade gear, explore areas/dungeons for quests and special loot from chests, fight monsters and bosses, and more, then you're welcome to check out the game here: http://chatthemmo.servegame.com/

One can play any time without restrictions, it is open 24/7, no download required to play (it just uses the browser, Chrome seems to work best). To log into the game, one just needs a twitch name (since the game has a chat function so that chat on twitch will show up on the game screen). There's many things to learn at beginning which might be a bit overwhelming first, but Lioran made sure players do NOT lose any progress (levels/exp, stats, items/loot) at any time, and the game has over 7 areas to explore, 2 towns, more than 10 different bosses to challenge and 4 quests. There's some additional info in those attachment pages:
Patchnotes: http://chatthemmo.servegame.com/patch_note.html
Twitch emote buffs: http://chatthemmo.servegame.com/buff.html
I hope many people will have a lot of fun with this gem of a game Smile .
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
While we won't usually accept single-hit promotion posts, this content is fitting with the interest of our user base and from the config and menu screen there seems to be decent work put into this. I'm also moving this in Zozo Pub sub-forum since this is not romhacking.
  Find

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
While it may be tangentially relevant to the interests of the users of the site, creating a forum account for the single purpose of promoting a product or service is still basically spam. The user should have contacted the site admin if they wanted to do a promotion.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (01-12-2018)

Status
Tissue-aware
(01-08-2018, 12:15 PM)seibaby Wrote: While it may be tangentially relevant to the interests of the users of the site, creating a forum account for the single purpose of promoting a product or service is still basically spam. The user should have contacted the site admin if they wanted to do a promotion.

I agree on those points. Even Gi Nattak and I first had mixed emotion about this. I decided to loet it slide since it was a retro RPG..
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I'll chime in and suggest we make that a rule, anyone who wants to promote anything should contact the admins

(I guess in my heart the roll of admin never really really left me LOL)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Tissue-aware
(01-12-2018, 12:34 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: I'll chime in and suggest we make that a rule, anyone who wants to promote anything should contact the admins.

I'll add this to the rules review I made for the next update. Obviously this would not concern a hack or hacking utility.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (01-13-2018)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Sad  Well, apparently Lioran shut the game down a few days ago. I guess Di10kong's vod of our NG+ speedrun of it will remain as one of the few sources that remind of how the game has been. Rest in peace, chatthemmo.  Hmm
  Find