Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Zelda Fantasy Adventure V1.02 [8/5/18 Update]

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
This is a hack of Final Fantasy Adventure, packed to the brim with graphics edits and ported graphics from the Game Boy-era Zeldas, as well as graphics ported from other Game Boy-era titles as a nod to the numerous Easter eggs found when playing Link's Awakening. Screenshots are attached to the bottom of the post.

(Final Fantasy Adventure is a game boy title.  It's technically part of the Mana series and is essentially a generic Zelda game on it's own, which is what inspired this hack more than anything.)

Changes include:

* A custom title screen drawn from scratch.

* Every normal enemy outside of a scant few that fit within the theme of the hack have been changed. Some enemies have new frames, as some enemies didn't have full front/back/side angled sprites in their original games.

* Majority of the NPC's are changed, including a custom Vaati sprite found on Spriter's Resource used to replace Julius (Credits to Thunderwool)

* Numerous Tileset graphic changes, some of which were done from scratch (such as the desert tile on the main Overworld map)

* A surprise replacement for the Chocobo Ally. It manages to somehow make more sense than having a chocobo, and you'll shit bricks when you see it. You'll shit additional bricks when that replacement gets upgraded and you realize what I mean by it managing to make more sense than having a chocobo.  Wink

* A number of Items and Gear have been renamed to fit the theme or for convenience (PickAx instead of Mattock, for example) . 

* The finger cursor is replaced by a Link's Awakening fairy holding a wand, in reference to the file select cursor from A Link to the Past.

* The font from Link's Awakening has been ported over, and more than a few icons have been redone to give them a more Zelda-like feel.

* Numerous text changes to keep with the theme and graphics changes, since a bunch of gorons calling themselves dwarves would sort of kill the experience a bit.

* Stat names are changed, AP and DP are now ATK and DEF in the Equip Menu, and status effects have been given better names.

* "Moog" status is now "Hare". Instead of becoming a moogle momentarily you become a bunny person from Link's Awakening's Animal Village. This is a reference to entering the Dark World in a Link to the Past without the Moon Pearl.

* Version 1.02 UPDATE (8/5/2018): Thanks to a hacker by the name of SpiderDave, the rupee icon now finally displays on the HUD instead of the vanilla game's "G".  

Patching instructions - patch to Final Fantasy Adventure (U) [!].gb

Enjoy! I welcome any and all feedback/criticism.

PATCH DOWNLOAD HERE  
.zip  Zelda Fantasy Adventure V1.02.zip (18.84 KB, 11 downloads)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
We have a "Other ROM Hacking" sub-forum. I have moved your thread there.
  Find

Status
None
Ah, didn't see the subforum (it's been forever since I've been around here, my bad).

Thank you!
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Can you post some pics?
That usually helps to increase interest in projects.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
oh hey bahamut zero I have not seen you in years man, I hope all is well brother merry christmas

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Status
None
Vanya: see his thread on Slick Productions.

Status
None
ZAF's been updated to Version 1.02. Thanks to a hacker named SpiderDave, the Rupee icon now finally shows on the HUD in game, rather than Final Fantasy Adventure's "G". This was pretty much the one thing that previously kept this hack from being considered "complete" in my book, so I'm eternally grateful.

Also screenshots are attached to the bottom of the OP, because I'm a cave man and don't have an account on a photo sharing site haha. One pic is of the title screen, the other is a collage of 16 screenshots together.

Enjoy!
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Not gonna lie when I first saw this I got excited but then I realized I got Final Fantasy Adventure and Final Fantasy Legend confused. Then I was bummed out. I still tried it out though. Really well made.

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find

Status
None
(08-07-2018, 02:10 AM)Scorcher Wrote: Not gonna lie when I first saw this I got excited but then I realized I got Final Fantasy Adventure and Final Fantasy Legend confused. Then I was bummed out. I still tried it out though. Really well made.

Haha my bad, forgot there were four Game Boy games with Final Fantasy in the name. Updated the OP to clarify it better.

Also, if you get stuck feel free to drop a question here. I pretty much know the game like the back of my hand at this point.
  Find