Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I have a question here, are there only two Moogle Charms or three Moogle Charms to be found in this iteration of Final Fantasy 6? If there are in fact three of them, I have only found the first two at the training facility in Narshe and from the wounded soldier in Mobliz in the WOB. Where would I find the third one?
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
There are 3 sets of Moogle Charms/Lures. The final Moogle Charm is in the same place the only Moogle Charm was in the original game.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
Okay, thank you.
  Find

Threads: 11
Status
None
So Panda, I know I have to expand the rom in order to insert an alternate dialog script for FF6 but would expanding the rom give me extra space for other projects as well? Just asking, because once I’ve finished my script, I want get started with hex editing, including things like the uncensored patches of the TW hack, adding a mew game plus feature, adding the green and blue chocobos (once new game plus is unlocked), and maybe even adding the esper system of the BNW hack. I know that space is limited, so I want to be realistic in my expectations/approach.
  Find

Status
None
Yeah, if you expand the rom, you can accomplish all of that.

The graphics uncensoring in particular can probably be done without expansion. I never touched that part of the rom. I looked into uncensoring my version of it, but I honestly find the censored versions more tasteful. It's a preference thing.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 11
Status
None
For sure, uncensoring content is really a matter of principle for me. Adult content in games is definitely “MEH” in my book.
  Find

Status
None
Upon looking at the included PDF file, I have to ask, where exactly do you find, or steal from, the debilitator and the air anchor for Edgar's tool chest?
  Find

Status
None
Debilitator is in the Chainsaw's chest. Air Anchor is in its normal spot. The reason for the Debilitator/Chainsaw switch is a code limitation. Each tool can only display a single message. So it can either show the message that it broke, OR it can display the message that a weakness was added, but it can't display both. So the 2 tools that require a message display were made unbreakable, and placed in chests. The advantage is that this allows you to get the Debilitator BEFORE the Magitek Factory, and it offers some unique opportunities there.

Projects:
  Find

Threads: 3
Status
None
I absolutely adored this mod. I had so much fun with it and I loved all the changes. It was perfect....

Up until the moment I defeated the final boss and the game crashed....

Three times. ._.;;;

I played on SNES9x, ZSNES, and Bsnes and got the exact same crash every time. I beat Kefka, and then it fades to a black sceen, you hear roaring noises... and thats it. Nothing else happens. Its stuck there. On every emulator I tried.

I am beyond bummed out about this.
  Find

Status
None
I've had that happen too, but never 3 times in a row. I THINK it has to do with the characters you bring into the final battle. I'm sorry that you're getting this. Try beating the battle without Kappa or Umaro in your party. If that doesn't work, send me a savestate from right after you land the final blow, when Kefka is fading, but before you exit out of the battle screen. I can use that to try to figure out what's going on.

Projects:
  Find