Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-31-2021, 12:48 PM)tb80 Wrote: I tried to patch a snes rom but there a bad checksum when I load it on snes9x. Is this correct?

I have the same headerless MD5 checksum so you should be good to go! I think PowerPanda did not updated the game internal checksum (which has no effect on gameplay) so that's why there is a mismatch with what the emulator calculates but this doesn't necessarily mean the ROM was incorrectly patched (and a lot of working hacks throw a bad checksum in emulators because their author doesn't update the game checksum). The only way to be 100% sure there was no patching error would be for PowerPanda to provide a checksum for the patched ROM but to be fair I never heard of LIPS behaving incorrectly or causing errors.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • tb80 (03-31-2021)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Is there any content change early ingame? Maybe just changed names, options,... So I could guess that the patch worked before I have to play half of the game.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-31-2021, 04:35 PM)tb80 Wrote: Is there any content change early ingame? Maybe just changed names, options,... So I could guess that the patch worked before I have to play half of the game.

In the main menu, characters should have class names.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • tb80 (04-02-2021)

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(03-31-2021, 05:19 PM)madsiur Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 04:35 PM)tb80 Wrote: Is there any content change early ingame? Maybe just changed names, options,... So I could guess that the patch worked before I have to play half of the game.

In the main menu, characters should have class names.

Yep, 3 things to check:

1. The default text background is the gray "stone" instead of the blue one
2. When you get control, Terra has the class "Sorceress" and Biggs/Wedge have "Soldier"
3. Even with that, you'll want to get into a battle. If your rom is v.1.1, the game will freeze as soon as you enter battle. If it doesn't freeze, then you patched the correct rom.

Also, if you patched it to a non-headered rom, the game just won't load.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • tb80 (04-02-2021)

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
X-Zone
Good day I played the 0.9 version and I just find out a bug, after I defeated kefka in final battle and turn black screen like what happen after the event of gau and cyan. Do you think there something wrong of my patches?
  Find

Status
None
Thank you for playing all the way through! I'll definitely take a look. I'm sending a private message.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
I reached crescent Island. The party changed to Terra, Leo and Strago after I entered the burning house. But I cant reach the door in the 2nd room of the burning house. Its almost as if there is an invisible wall next to the gap in the floor. Are there any known bugs?

(04-02-2021, 08:45 AM)tb80 Wrote: I reached crescent Island. The party changed to Terra, Leo and Strago after I entered the burning house. But I cant reach the door in the 2nd room of the burning house. Its almost as if there is an invisible wall next to the gap in the floor. Are there any known bugs?

I restarted the emulator. No bug anymore.
  Find

Status
None
(04-01-2021, 04:16 AM)rhonryderz Wrote: Good day I played the 0.9 version and I just find out a bug, after I defeated kefka in final battle and turn black screen like what happen after the event of gau and cyan. Do you think there something wrong of my patches?

I'm still waiting on the private message where I requested a few of your files so I can troubleshoot. I replayed the final battle to make sure I could make it through still, and made a savestate after defeating Kefka so that you can at least see the ending cutscene. The savestate is for ZSNES.

Attached Files
.zip  FFVI DivergentPaths Ending.zip (91.22 KB, 2 downloads)

Projects:
  Find

Status
None
Status update:

I have completed the Razing of Vector and added Vargas's special command switching. That is the LAST of the new content. From here on out, we're in final cleanup. I've got a list of about 10 things that range from 2 minutes to 2 hours apiece, and then I'll release the pre-final version (aka the "Final as long as nobody finds a bug" version). We're almost at the finish line!

Projects:
  Find
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • NPCnextdoor (05-03-2021), ranatalus (05-04-2021), Scorcher (05-03-2021), tb80 (05-03-2021)

Status
None
Woo-hoo! Looking forward to playing the finished product.
  Find