Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Brave
(03-11-2019, 10:28 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: It is actually a work in progress name. I haven't decided on the final name.

That makes sense. I feel kind of stupid now. I should have known you weren't going full Tenacious D Best Song in the World.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I'm thinking of actually releasing it as an "update" to Divergent Paths, and taking that name.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
Any update on this? Sorry to pester. I'm just thinking about playing Final Fantasy VI for the first time in ages, and this seems like a great way to freshen it up.
  Find

Status
None
Quick Update:
I have officially changed the name of this hack to "Final Fantasy VI: Divergent Paths". The original Divergent Paths has been renamed to "Divergent Paths: The 3 Scenarios".

I have also gone back to do some tweaking of where I left off. I think I just have to admit that I've been avoiding working on this hack because I'm so stuck on the Genji Glove equipment flag hack. That has halted all forward progress. The tweaks I made today include:
* Banon's profile is changed to a blank profile after he dies. Otherwise, as soon as you unequip the whole party, you end up with Paladin Banon's Illumina and Paladin Shield in your inventory! Oops
* For my new magic spells, I have removed Wall and Sap, replacing them with Safe 2 and Shell 2. These case Safe/Shell on the whole party, and are learned from Golem.
* Sraphim has been given Life 2 and Purify (a new spell that cures Zombie, Petrify, Condemned, and Freeze), which were exclusive to Phoenix and Alexander, respectively.
* In what may be a controversial move, Golem, ZoneSeek, and Sraphim have been moved to be World of Ruin exclusive espers. That allowed me to give them these powerful new spells that wouldn't be appropriate in the WoB.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • madsiur (06-26-2019)

Status
None
Progress from the past few days:

* Re-worked the Veldt event flag so that Terra/Banon can gain EXP from the Rizopas boss battle. This is the ONLY place where they can gain EXP in Terra's scenario, so I gave it a semi-obscene 2000 EXP, which should get Terra to a comfortable spot for the Narshe battle.
* Re-did the MMMMMagic patch to accomodate for Safe 2/Shell 2. This required turning Warp from a Gray spell to a White Spell so that the lines would come out evenly.
* Edited the World of Balance destruction sequence to clear/set additional NPC event bits:
- Kill off Dak in Mobliz. Poor Dak. Alas, your death is crucial to Leo's character development.
- Move Kappa from Zozo (where she teaches you about Espers) to the Opera House, where she tries to fight the Dirt Dragon solo until you rescue her.
- Put Cyan asleep in his own bed in Doma in preparation for his new re-recruitment scenario.
* Played through my save file to get through the Floating Continent and the linear portion of the World of Ruin so that I can start making/testing changes in the WoR.

Note: I won't be posting updates like this regularly. This project has just been on hiatus for so long that I'm posting these to help shake the rust off and get people interested again.

Projects:
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (07-20-2019)

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
Just a heads up in case you were unaware, when I used 3 Scenarios as a base, I found that the tile changes made to the head of Barren Falls also changed Mt. Zozo's cliff and the ending cliff with Mobliz's children. While the latter works out fine (one little girl stands on the edge of the cliff on her tippy toes), the Mt. Zozo cliff will likely be problematic if the entrance and actor placement is not adjusted.

When I was testing my own hack (based on yours), all of the characters were standing in the sky for the cutscene, and going to the cliff again for the chest key caused a soft lock as the entrance marker pointed to a solid tile. You might have to adjust the actor positions in that cutscene and relocate/resize the entrance marker.

You may have already addressed this between the conclusion of 3 Scenarios and the commencement of Divergent Paths. Just thought I'd let you know.
  Find

Status
None
(06-29-2019, 09:20 PM)C-Dude Wrote: Just a heads up in case you were unaware, when I used 3 Scenarios as a base, I found that the tile changes made to the head of Barren Falls also changed Mt. Zozo's cliff and the ending cliff with Mobliz's children.  While the latter works out fine (one little girl stands on the edge of the cliff on her tippy toes), the Mt. Zozo cliff will likely be problematic if the entrance and actor placement is not adjusted.

When I was testing my own hack (based on yours), all of the characters were standing in the sky for the cutscene, and going to the cliff again for the chest key caused a soft lock as the entrance marker pointed to a solid tile.  You might have to adjust the actor positions in that cutscene and relocate/resize the entrance marker.

You may have already addressed this between the conclusion of 3 Scenarios and the commencement of Divergent Paths.  Just thought I'd let you know.

Yep. Once Divergent Paths is done, I plan to take down 3 Scenarios. Since the Zozo cliff is the site of one of the OTHER main changes (recruiting Leo in the WoR), I caught it right away.

Projects:
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • C-Dude (06-30-2019), Robo Jesus (07-20-2019)

Status
None
Hey man. Great work. Just curious how far you were from finishing. I know you probably don’t like to give a set time I was just a little anxious.
  Find

Status
None
My goal is April 2020, to hit the 25th Anniversary. Since I started this project, I've become a professional game developer on top of my normal full-time job, so the amount of time I've had to work on this has been approaching zero in the past few months. I really wanted to finish before that happened. There's a 1-month gap in projects starting in about 2 weeks though, so I'm hoping to make some progress.

Projects:
  Find

Status
None
That’s great man. Congratulations. I know what that’s like. Hard to find a spare moment. I wish I could learn this stuff myself. You’ll get there though. Don’t give up.
  Find