Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Help/Question]Dialogue system and esper phoenix patch

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello Hello, I'm new to forum and have also some doubts:  Finger

1. I've been trying to translate the game dialogues but FF3USMe cannot edit after changing the pointers.
So I tried to add a new dialogue manually via Hex,  in address CDFD9A and the pointer for this dialogue in CCFE1E but the game not show the words in dialogue window (command 4b in event). So I have a question: how exactly does the dialog system work? Huh  I know it runs in C0/7FBF but it seems that there are other routines that need to be edited...

2.Does summon Phoenix have any patches  fix for two bugs involving her?
One of them is well known and involves invoking Phoenix via slot, making Setzer defend her twice and causing him take two steps forward on the battle screen.
The second bug is little known but it is more serious because it messes the graphics in battle when summoning the phoenix in battles against big sprites like  final Kefka. If two of the characters is dead and the other two shield the summon, the bug happens:
https://youtu.be/D4J4hx8FGTc
This problem also seems to involve the shield problem... Shrug
Thank you in advance.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-22-2017, 12:38 AM)Docrow Wrote: I've been trying to translate the game dialogues but FF3USMe cannot edit after changing the pointers.

What do you mean by changing the pointers? You don't need to touch the pointers if you use FF3usME for editing.. I'm also not aware of FF3usME dialogue editor breaking dialogues. Did you move all pointers somewhere else?

Also, for your second question, I don't know if a patch exists for the graphic bug..
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
(11-22-2017, 12:38 AM)Docrow Wrote: The second bug is little known but it is more serious because it messes the graphics in battle when summoning the phoenix in battles against big sprites like  final Kefka. If two of the characters is dead and the other two shield the summon, the bug happens:
https://youtu.be/D4J4hx8FGTc
This problem also seems to involve the shield problem... Shrug
Thank you in advance.
Oh thank you for showing some data, I reported that a not long ago but I was unable to reproduce the problem.
  Find