[Help/Question] Zone Doctor, States/Debuffs, Item Names

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Faith
Hello again! 

So, this time I need A LOT of help. 

1. For testing purposes, I used ZoneDoctor to try and have Gogo join the party instead of Locke. I managed to find the exact point where Locke joins and tried switching his ID to Gogo's. When I tried starting a new game, the game pretty much went back to the title screen as soon as I finished the first battle (with Terra, Biggs and Wedge in the party). I've spent the last two days on this matter and I'm completely at loss. 

2. I don't plan on using the "Imp" status on my project and intend on having a Bravery/Might (increased attack/battle power) state instead. 

3. Tried looking at the ROM Map (in RHDN's Data Crystal) for the items' offsets/addresses to change their names. It really bugs me using "Tonics" instead of "Potions", "Potions" instead of "Hi-Potions", etc. I first tried renaming them using FF3USme, but whenever I tried sorting my inventory, the items just disappeared. 

Thank you in advance.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
1. Zone Doctor changes ALL subroutines that happen in the current event to bank CA, including ones dependent on an event bit. So if it said "Call subroutine CB1234", the hex for that would be B2 34 12 01. However, Zone Doctor unilaterally changes the last byte to "00" (Bank CA), so the final hex says B2 34 12 00. You have to edit the events and then use a hex editor to manually fix them. Typically, I create the event, save it to a brand new rom file, manually fix all of the subroutines, and then copy/paste that portion of the data into my project file.

2. Cool. I wouldn't know how to do this.

3. The trick with the items is that they actually have a blank space in front of them where the equipment would have the knife/helmet/armor icon. When you sort the items, it sorts them in order of these front icons. The trick is that the blank space doesn't correlate to the space bar. I haven't yet figured out which of the blank spaces it is. However, what you can do in FF3usME is backspace out the name of the item, but LEAVE THIS FRONT SPACE INTACT.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • Blunderpuggs (11-20-2017)

Status
Faith
Thank you! One less detail grinding my gears. 

Little by little, I'm managing to switch the places. But my first try resulted in a wonderful outcome (that I've attached to this reply). XD

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Maybe you got Zone Doctor from RHDN but the disclaimer on our wiki is kinda clear: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...zonedoctor

I would add to it that event the level editor module has bugs. Short story, stick to FF6LE maybe use a hex editor for event unless you want to redo work later. I'm not sure how far can you go in event modification with Zone Doctor until new bugs are discovered.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Blunderpuggs (11-21-2017)

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
My, what a beautiful menu font! Wink

For 2), you need to familiarize yourself with ASM coding. Make use of assassin's great C2 document, and look for code that governs the various effects of Imp. Then change it.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • Blunderpuggs (11-21-2017)

Status
Faith
Madsiur > It's just as you said: got Zone Doctor from RHDN and as I recall, it doesn't warn about the corrupting :p. I'll use it to get the offsets easier.

Seibaby > Pretty sure the font is from one of your patches. XD

Ok, regarding number 3 (the item names), I managed to accidentally find the offset I was looking for: http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/F...ata:_icons

Just like the side note says, it's just a blank character. Tried changing the "FF" to "EB" (which is the icon/character right after the grey/effect magic icon) and seems to be working just fine. No items disappearing on me now. :p
  Find