Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Avoiding rom rcorruption tips

Threads: 22
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Auto-life
Will ZD corrup the rom if I add exits? I want to connect the imperial base to vector.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-31-2017, 08:17 AM)CzarMalboro Wrote: Will ZD corrup the rom if I add exits?  I want to connect the imperial base to vector.

Zone Doctor is a bit unpredictable though its level editor is a lot more stable than like the event editor. Try it and make a binary comparison between two ROM after to see if only the exit was changed.

Edit: You can use something like vbindiff or HxD to compare your hack and your hack + one exit change in Zone Doctor.
  Find

Status
Auto-life
Will LE get its exit bug fixed?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(10-31-2017, 05:04 PM)CzarMalboro Wrote: Will LE get its exit bug fixed?

Well it is fixed in the CE version. I don't plan to fix it in the original version.
  Find

Status
Auto-life
(10-31-2017, 06:23 PM)madsiur Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 05:04 PM)CzarMalboro Wrote: Will LE get its exit bug fixed?

Well it is fixed in the CE version. I don't plan to fix it in the original version.

What is the difference between LE and the CE version?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(11-01-2017, 03:43 AM)CzarMalboro Wrote: What is the difference between LE and the CE version?

FF6LE CE is based on FF6LE Rogue (latest version) and allow optional expansions for maps number, tilemaps, NPCs, event triggers, exits and chests.

I suggest you read this:

https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...util:ff6le
https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...ff6lerogue
https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...il:ff6lece
https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...zonedoctor
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • ReturnerScum (07-27-2018)

Status
Auto-life
so when editing music, i noticed that i have been getting some rom corruption in the overworld map unless it is because i am hex editing a modified rom or i used zone doctor for hex editing.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(08-15-2019, 07:42 AM)CzarMalboro Wrote: so when editing music, i noticed that i have been getting some rom corruption in the overworld map unless it is because i am hex editing a modified rom or i used zone doctor for hex editing.

I'm not sure how reliable is Zone Doctor hex editor... the general tip is to avoid Zone Doctor altogether. For hex editing you can use HxD or Windhex and for map stuff FF6LE. There's not much Zone Doctor can do that other utilities can do so it's possible to live without it.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Zone Doctor will corrupt your rom every time. Do. not. hit. save. I have loaded up a rom, made zero changes, hit save, and confirmed that the rom became corrupted.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
Auto-life
I was able to restore the overworld corruption in the world of ruin. so the best option would be to avoid ZD at all? also i noticed that when using the spc editor, if you use the wrong instruments, it might cause the rom to crash unless you fix it to a more compatible one.

as for the event editing, i presume using the event dump is the best option for information while using the hex editor?
  Find