Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
zone doctor vs. LE Rogue

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-01-2017, 04:26 PM)CzarMalboro Wrote: Now when it comes to corruption, will deleting unused rooms to save space for tile editing corrupt the rom?

You could use FF6LE for this specific task. However remember that as an example if you are deleting rooms on Narshe interior on map $18 you are impacting maps $19 to $1E. You have to be careful. Also the rooms that seem garbage on some maps are actually used on other maps with a different tileset.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(10-28-2017, 07:36 PM)madsiur Wrote: Lenophis reported this week that NPC events offsets were not saving with FF6LE CE but I need to check this and fix it. FF6LE Rogue has not the exit bug fixed but FF6LE CE fixed it (see readme for all bugs corrected).

If you're still looking for this. I think what I remember is that if you don't change fields before saving and closing the map it won't save. Like you need to change fields in order for it to update the database. I could be 100% wrong, I just remember having to go back and resave a few things.

Edit: Like what happens with the palette here.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(11-02-2017, 07:12 PM)B-Run Wrote: I think what I remember is that if you don't change fields before saving and closing the map it won't save. Like you need to change fields in order for it to update the database.

This could explain the problem. I had not the time to verify anything since it was mid-semester but I'll make a few tests soon including this one. I was just a bit surprise because I made no change that could impact NPC properties saving or the textbox behavior.
  Find

Threads: 22
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Auto-life
does the header make a difference when editing the rom or does it not matter because it adjusts to offset values?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(07-27-2019, 06:37 PM)CzarMalboro Wrote: does the header make a difference when editing the rom or does it not matter because it adjusts to offset values?

The editor takes the header into account so it makes no difference.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 24
Status
None
On the topic of headered and non-headered ips files, Leet Sketcher made a program for changing ips mods to make them usable for both headered and non-headered roms. Here's the link for that in case you ever need it. http://l33t5k37ch3r.altervista.org/headerizer.html
  Find

Threads: 22
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Auto-life
Okay because I know some files only support headers and vise versa. also what is the difference between ce 64 and 86? if both can load on my computer will it make a difference which one i use?
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 24
Status
None
(07-27-2019, 07:45 PM)CzarMalboro Wrote: Okay because I know some files only support headers and vise versa. also what is the difference between ce 64 and 86? if both can load on my computer will it make a difference which one i use?

I believe that's more about what programs are meant for what sort of operating systems you might have on your computer. Download both. If one doesn't work, try out the other and it should work for you.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Robo Jesus for this post:
  • CzarMalboro (07-27-2019)

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
(07-27-2019, 07:45 PM)CzarMalboro Wrote: also what is the difference between ce 64 and 86? if both can load on my computer will it make a difference which one i use?

It won't make much a difference. x86 (32bit) programs can run on both 32bit (native mode) and 64bit (emulation) versions of Windows while x64 (64bit) can only run on 64bit version of Windows. 64bit programs can access much more memory, can manage way more data, etc but this usually doesn't matter with small programs like all FF6 editors and hex editors we use. Programs that requires a lot of memory and lots of process are usually 64bit only these days.

Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I remember asking Madsiur to edit one or more of the editor's to work with an oversized ROM, don't remember if it was left a normal feature or a one off patched program, or for that matter which program it was... I know I still have it though.

Either way, I mention because that part about one or both of them having been modified for that uncommon use. In my case "better" is subjective, the one that can do the work for the job at hand is the best.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find