Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
So I broke the Veldt...

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I am working on my 3 Scenarios hack right now, and it has required some extensive edits to the WOB Map using Zone Doctor. All of the World Map Events and Exits are working correctly, as are the Battle Zones. However, the Veldt area doesn't trigger the "Wild West" music. It just plays the default world map music on the map and all of the battles.

Curiously, this only affects WOB Map A. When I load a later save after the events that open up the route to Nikeah and raise the floating continent, the music is working correctly. Any ideas one what to check? I have browsed the available disassemblies, but either I missed it or this information is not there.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Did you use tiles flagged as Veldt? like tiles 236 and 175 in WoB map.
  Find

Status
None
(10-04-2017, 10:44 PM)Warrax Wrote: Did you use tiles flagged as Veldt? like tiles 236 and 175 in WoB map.

I didn't know those were a thing. Thanks for the lead!

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
I didn't test all tiles but these tiles seems to have music data attached to it like loading a song when you land on it with the airship or when you exit a location.
  Find

Status
None
Hmm.. that was a great thought, but it didn't seem to do the trick. Is there something within the Barren Falls event that resets the music? I re-wrote probably 20% of that event, so I may have inadvertently changed something.

Projects:
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(10-05-2017, 12:27 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: Hmm.. that was a great thought, but it didn't seem to do the trick. Is there something within the Barren Falls event that resets the music? I re-wrote probably 20% of that event, so I may have inadvertently changed something.

This event bit:
1BB B7:3 Veldt music plays on the overworld map

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • PowerPanda (10-05-2017)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
From memory, it is also hardcoded in bank $EE when as an example the airship land on the veldt. I think you would need special coding in this bank if you want to enable the veldt theme when you cross the limit of the veldt area by walking (if map modifications are made for this).
  Find

Status
None
(10-05-2017, 01:03 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 12:27 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: Hmm.. that was a great thought, but it didn't seem to do the trick. Is there something within the Barren Falls event that resets the music? I re-wrote probably 20% of that event, so I may have inadvertently changed something.

This event bit:
1BB B7:3 Veldt music plays on the overworld map

Yep, I think that's it. I rewrote the Barren Falls boss battle to happen on the Lete River, so I load from the Lete River map to that event, and I purposely skip the first few bytes so that I don't have Terra take a step backwards before jumping. Didn't realize I was skipping the event bit in the process! I'll test it this evening.

EDIT: Yep, that did it! Thanks Gi. I thought for sure the data was embedded in map data, not in an event bit.

Projects:
  Find