Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Priority glitch: which patch?

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I found a glitch in my ROM wherein my party members pass underneath this NPC when standing on the tile below. I found the cause: in the area of D9/B62E, there are eight bytes that start with the value F7 and are changed to B7. I'm wondering if there's some patch that's responsible for that change, but I haven't been able to find it yet. I would really appreciate some help here, because I'm hesitant to just reverse that change without understanding the intent.

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
1) download all patches you've ever applied
2) unzip them in a single directory
3) run mblock129's award-winning Patch Conflict Finder
4) view the .txt file that has all addresses used, and see whether D9/B62E falls within any of the ranges

re forum usage: after clicking "Preview Post", there's an "Add Image" icon on the middle of the toolbar.  or there's an "Add Attachment" button above "Post Reply".

Status
None
I've already got C. V. Reynolds's Bugfix comp patch which contains most of the patches I've applied, including all the bugfix patches (of course), and it doesn't list anything in that range. So either it's a non-bugfix patch, or my version of the comp patch is outdated, or it was somehow modified unintentionally.

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Have you applied ASM files with XKAS? those kind of patches are not detected by the Patch Conflict Finder program.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Could it possibly be an unintentional blunder while working on the Map Mishap patch (exclusive to your ROM), or just gracing over that map in general? Like an accidental stray tile or forgetting to change one back. That'd be my guess, I see the patch effects an offset very close to this.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
The change seems too specific to be an editing mistake. There are eight different F7s that are changed to B7s and they are all very close together. It seems more likely that it's a side effect of an editing program or something like that. Unless it was an attempted fix at something else and I never bothered to revert it.

What I'm trying to do is narrow down its effects to try and figure out its intent. If my findings are correct, the maps that are affected are all the external maps of Fanatics' Tower and Zozo. So what I'm wondering is if there was some kind of intent based on either layering priority or NPC interaction or anything similar.