FF1 Matoya (FF Record Keeper Recreation)+ Portrait

Threads: 31
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
[Image: loneredmage-ff-matoya.png]

[Image: loneredmage-ff-matoya-portrait.png]

As the thread's name says, the battle and side poses come from her Final Fantasy Record Keeper sprites (minus some colors in order to fit the palette limit) while the others were created by using Banon (Front and Back) and Strago (Riding poses) as a base. It uses a custom Palette.
The portrait is based on her apperance in FFXIV Heavensward.

Update!
[Image: jrvepg.png]
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Ok I'm gonna give some minor things I would do to touch it up a bit.

The front-face eyes should be only one pixel long, which seems to be a trend with older/worn out characters (such as Leo, the generic old man/woman, and Ghestal). I think it would fit better due the fact eyes are more expressive on younger characters.

There's a yellow neck-collar thing that seems to disappear on the sides/back. Just wondering if that was intentional.

The back sprite is wider and darker-colored than her front and side sprites. I suggest you take a look at this.

Lastly, the witch hat looks really off in all but side sprites. I understand they're not easy to do, but I suggest a reattempt.

I guess I'll mention the portrait, which is not bad my any means, but looks really flat, and the pure black lines of the eyes/nose/mouth should be not too contrasting, perhaps only a darker shade of skin color. Try to give it more depth.

That's all. All in all, it's a good attempt. Sorry if I sounded harsh, tried my best to put my thoughts into words.

Hope to see an improved version soon.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 31
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Thanks your feedback!
Actually I finished the sprite eight month ago; at the time i wasn't as good at spriting as now.
I just started a improved version which incorporate most of your advices; here's a little preview of it:
[Image: 29c5gf6.png]
Front: The hat was redone in order to make space for the new eyes; the hair was adjusted while the face and the collar were expanded and received some shading.
Back: In addiction of the new hat (based on her ow sprite in FF Origins/DOS), the hair was changed and the collar was made visible. The oufit was also recolored.
  Find