Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Project Idea

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Concur, playable dreams would be awesome! Even if none of the dialog or sprites changed, I personally find stories with interactive elements tend to stick a lot more than those that are just laid out for you.

I was actually planning to add an additional Shadow dream sequence to my own mod (devs mentioned in an interview they wanted to have a scene where Shadow reveals his identity to Strago in a pub, I assume would've taken place during a dream sequence). Not sure if there are already hacks that add additional dreams for Shadow, but if not, I'd be down to forward the information on how to do it your way once I figure it out. No plans to make it dreams playable, myself, but if information on how to add dreams would be useful, I wouldn't mind sharing once I have it.

Regardless, great ideas for getting your feet wet with ROM hacking.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to justonecog for this post:
  • blackomen (09-08-2017)

Threads: 3
Status
X-Zone
small update: I'm still in the storyboard/ idea planning phase of this operation and haven't had much time and energy to do more tangible progress but here we go. 
Some ideas I've had  jotted down for my ff6/CT crossover hack: Working title so far for this project "FF6: Across The Universe" 
1.Story begins with a few years after the fall of the empire and the people of earth have returned to a sense of normalcy... except for a small group of radicals who people referred to them as "imperial sympathizers and apologist". What started out as a small group or club turns into a fanatically obsessed cult who idolized emperor Gestahl  Kungfu! and General Kefka ;[ . Being that imperial martial law is what this group only knew, they wanted to resurrect the empire. 
News of this up and coming group hits the town of narshe home of the returners and Arvis gets a piece of intel and isn't worried at first. Until, the group who they referred themselves as "The Collective" starts attacking and burning down villages and towns. With the rise of the collective, people became more concerned about them and Arvis and Banon called upon Celes and Locke to reunite the others and fight this radical group. Problem being not everyone is willing to fight again after taking down the kefka and the empire. For some including Terra, Strago and cyan their will to fight had be exhausted from the past battles. 
While at a bar in Kohlingen, they meet a boy with who captures their attention. His name is crono. They begin to talk and ask where he's from. "From the kingdom of Guardia" he says but nobody knows where that is let alone knows that it does not exist. He tells them that he's a time traveler. Everyone laughs at him thinking he's joking being that time travel is an impossibility  Laugh  . He tells them he has to find his friends to prove  to them he has traveled through time and has the ability. He then joins the party in their fight against the collective.
(I meant for that to be just a blurb or a summary but I got carried away. Im just excited for this)
2. As I previously brought up I want to have a scenario where much like cyan's dream they enter shadow's dream and they find out more about him and who he really is. at the end of the "event"? you fight instead of the dream stooges you fight the 3 dream sisters Sandy,Cindy and mindy (final fantasy 4 throwback y'all)
3. This idea Is the most recent I've thought of. There's a stone called the phoenix stone (where the item phoenix down comes from...just humor me) and that stone can bring back to life one person who is currently dead (like general leo for example)  the returners get this idea that if they bring general leo (who is seen as a respectable man and general to the collective) back to life to infiltrate the collective. After hearing of this idea members of the returners including locke and setzer who have different plans for that phoenix stone. Locke wants to bring his ex girlfriend rachel back to life to get answers that have been haunting him for years. Setzer on the other hand wants to bring Daryl back to life. 
4.I want to also introduce ayla from chrono trigger and have her and gau have a love story  Hmm 
I know it's a lot to unpack but these are just ideas. If anyone has any constructive criticism or think they are good ideas and can expand upon them let me know thanks!
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Pretty sure I wrote that fanfic when I was in middle school... Laugh

But it's going to be a seriously difficult hack to pull off. Unless you want to pour the next 3 years of your life into this, just write it as a fanfic.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • blackomen (11-16-2017)

Threads: 3
Status
X-Zone
Im sure we all have at some point lol but I'm willing to breathe life into something like this, It has potential *crosses fingers*
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
Mixing FF6 and CT? Hmmm, will there be any Gates in...well, the world of FF6? If so, for some reason, I could imagine what Locke might want to do.