Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
More News!

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
There's a few things that are happening right now:

1) First as of today, everyone can post threads in the IPS Patches sub-forum. This was a thing a while back and was then restricted. We realize now that it might prevent certain users from posting their work. You can now "submit" a patch by making a thread. There are also submission guidelines. Patches will be somehow verified to different levels depending of their complexity and on approval of work hosted on our server. We are aware "version 1.0" of any patch might contain bugs (mines too!) so this aspect should not really be considered when submitting. I'm not saying also to not test your work Tongue

2) The patch section is also having a maintenance server wise as well as the overall FTP. This does not affect anything but in case you see a "new" image / file broken link that shouldn't be on the forum (no link should ever be broken...) it might be due to me having moved stuff and forgot to update the link(s). You can make a post in the relevant thread as notification. This doesn't concern the wiki.

3) With news like Photobucket charging money for hotlinking images, we will backup all spritesheets, monster sprites and portraits from the spriting forums on the server. So don't worry if you see one of your post containing a sprite as edited by an admin in the next few days. Following this we will make a new sprite database backup, the last one being in 2015. It will include a reorganized 2015 archive as well as all sprites since then plus other sprite I have on my Desktop PC. If you happen to still have a spritesheet that was uploaded by you or someone else that no longer has a working link / image in the spriting forum, please send it to us!

One might think a submission system or attachment option in post could be better than having to do this in the future but the first require a lot of development time I don't have and activity is not high enough to really justify one soon. We could allow attachments but as for images MyBB does not allow preview to my knowledge so as an example for a sprite you wouldn't see it in the thread but would see the filename at bottom of post.

That is all folks!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
All patch thread have a new header with minimally title and / or author and download link as [url=http://url.zip]Download[/url]. Archives have a name standardized and all images have been hosted on our server. Images links that were broken have been removed (sadly), if you feel like providing screenshots of patches that have none you are free to post them in their respective thread. Logically there should be zero broken url in the IPS sub-forum but the final switch was a automatic batch url conversion so if I forgot to manually change a link to its temp location, it has not been converted and now it would be broken. I'll need to make a final round to just quickly check all links. The work here is 98% done.

On the sprite front, Gi Nattak did an awesome job on restoring a lot of content in the character sprite sub-forum. There are still monster to do and I'll make a final round assuring all link are now links from the server. We only restored the final or most advanced sprite of each thread so there are some broken image links still of WIP sprites. Broken imageshack links now have a proper image that show our disgust againt this greedy image hoster. I would say the work here 85%-90% done. We should arrive soon with a proper 2017 Sprite Backup Archive and a final list of missing sprites.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • JWhiteLXXXIX (07-30-2017)

Status
Tissue-aware
Some people had problem login in. I enabled https (secure) cookies for the site this weekend. Make sure you clear your cookie data and even maybe cache for ff6hacking.com before making a login attempt. Also make sure you are on the https page and not http. There could be a small issue with http -> htttps redirection regarding forum display when typing the http url, I'll make some tests this evening.

If you got persisting problems send me a email to madsiur@ff6hacking.com.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Attachment option is back after years of disappearance!

That is right! You can now attach files to you post!

The system has improved since last time attachments were allowed here, which is around 2011 probably. First you need to add one or multiple attachments to the post. It / they will appear at the bottom right and there will be a "attach in post" button for each post attachment. This simply create a attachment tag in post with attachment ID that you can move anywhere in the post. You can manage your attachments for all your posts in User CP (Misc section). Limit is 10 attachments per post. If you have questions or trouble, write me a pm.

This is a test, we don't have a bandwidth limit and we are a small community so I see no potential issue. If somehow attachments get out of hand or become an issue, which I doubt, well we will restrict or remove the feature (again).

On the sprite front, the new sprite archive now has around 240 spritesheets or portraits. We still have a decent amount to classify and we have to go through monster sprites too but we are heading the right way. Keep an eye open for the availability of the new sprite archive in a week or two!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
The profile comments do not work with SOE friendly / compact urls. I'll either have to remove the profile comment feature or adapt the plugin to match compact url but since urls are rewritten in the .htaccess file, I'm not sure how I could make this work. I might go for first solution since the feature was not really popular from what I've seen.

I'll also remove the imgur button in post writing page since it upload ugly JPEGs since a while (something broke with my use of imgur API). Since we now have attachments available in posts, this will not be a loss.

To fullfill a special demand I'll also (try to) implement a code copy button in code blocks, something you click and it copy the code to your clipboard.

Everything should be done by the end of the weekend, unless problems arise with the last functionality.

Victory
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I started a huge server clean up and reorganization in the optic of a significant forum update that I'll do mid December up to January. Among the changes there will be about 15 plugins update, maybe a color choice for the theme and 2 or 3 new features. Tags are likely disappearing since they are not really used.

Tonight I deleted a lot of old files and moved stuff and while I know what I do in 99% of the cases, I might miss something.

If you notice something broken or missing on the forums, please send me a pm or dm here. Thanks!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I'm currently working on a significant forum update. No groundbreaking changes but expect a few new thing like color themes (current blue, one red + another color). I would say I am 80% done but deployment won't be until spring break in March.

Here is a preview of the WIP index page with most significant changes in the screenshot shoutbox: https://www.ff6hacking.com/misc/threads/preview.png
  Find