Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
More Useful Spiraler effect

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
For a rebalancing hack I'm working on, I wanted to change Spiraler's effect to actually be useful, and I think what I came up with and neat and maybe someone else would want to use it. Thanks to Serity, madsiur, and Lenophis on the Discord for their help with this.

The new effect of Spiraler drains Sabin's MP to 0, and heals the rest of the party for MP divided by the number of characters, like Mantra. So if Sabin has 300 MP, everyone heals 100 MP.

The zip contains a patch that inserts the new Spiraler effect in free space at C2/646A, and redirects the effect pointer at C2/430D appropriately. The patch is for an UNHEADERED ROM. Alternatively, if you want to use this effect but can't use that free space, a hex dump of the new effect is also in the zip, as well as documentation of how it works. The new effect takes up 36 bytes of code.

Note this does NOT change the name or animation of Spiraler, you'll have to do that yourself. Me, I went with the name "Refresher" for thematic consistency with Final Fantasy and used the Pearl Wind/White Wind effect with a blue palette, but of course you can do as you like. Smile

https://www.mediafire.com/file/34zpnkmo6...t.zip/file
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DrakeyC for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (04-10-2022)