Original Soundtrack Download

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
[Image: ost.png]

Main OST

Return of the Dark Sorcerer 2.0 Original Soundtrack contain 252 songs and come in five formats. The SPC Archive is loose SPC files that can be played as an example with winamp and the snesamp plugin. The RSN archive is also SPC files except they are all in one file to save space and ease winamp playlist loading. Basically a RSN file is a renamed RAR file where some duplication in SPC files are removed. You can play a RSN file the same way than SPC files as an example in winamp with the snesamp plugin. Finally there is also three mp3 archives, first one at fixed 192Kbps (724 MB). This is the optimal quality for a SPC file converted into mp3, going higher than this serve no purpose. The V3 archive (604 MB) is slightly lower in quality but I personally saw no difference in sound quality, same for the V5 archive (449 MB). At which point quality of the converted SPC file is really affected is unclear to me.

[Image: spc.png] [Image: rsn.png] [Image: mp3-v5.png] [Image: mp3-v3.png] [Image: mp3-192.png]

[Image: song-names.png]  [Image: youtube.png]

OST B

The alternate OST contains 184 songs or remixes made by Gi Nattak, emberling and tsushiy. The archives contains only those 184 new songs since the main OST already contain those that are repeated when playing with the OST B patch. Some songs are RotDS exclusive version of song hacks that were already available elsewhere.

[Image: spc.png] [Image: rsn.png] [Image: mp3-v5.png] [Image: mp3-v3.png] [Image: mp3-192.png]

[Image: song-names.png] [Image: youtube.png]

Below is discussed the music player WinAmp. You'll need the SNESAmp plugin that is available as stand-alone file or part of ChipAmp. ChipAmpis basically all WinAmp plugins required to play extracted video game music of most retro systems. You need to select the SPC player in input settings in order to play SPC files. There are other ways to play SPC files, notably with foorbar2000 and the SNESApu plugin. Other standalone SPC players are available below.

[Image: winamp.png] [Image: chipamp.png] [Image: snesamp.png] [Image: vspcplay.png] [Image: spcplay.png]

If you want more info on SPC conversion to formats like mp3, Fantasy Anime has a tutorial. There are also other SPC players on snesmusic.org and for SPC / RSN formats visit SNES Development.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • break (02-09-2019), madsiur (06-30-2017), Mantecol (12-30-2019)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
milestone (Click to View)
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Oh that's right, I hit my 2000th post! With just 2 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks, 3 Days, 22 Hours, 55 Minutes, 29 seconds spent online here. Smile
In the words of Ice Cube, I gotta say, today was a good day.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
shit you might just beat me soon LOL

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Tissue-aware
Since the thread title is "postcount discussion" here is 3 top ten (non-banned members):

Post counts (Click to View)
Thread counts (Click to View)
Time spent online (Click to View)
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I uploaded the OST on our server and gave myself the luxury of doing a version where songs are 2min instead of 3min and added a fade-out, just for people who like less repeat loops and I liked the challenge of editing in a single batch 255 mp3s. You can link these two urls on your site or NG+!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (06-30-2017)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
man I knew I was up there with posts, but crap time on line? I find it ironic that I've been such a ghost the past 2 years that I've still been on the most LOL

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Tissue-aware
About 20 songs have been updated, not sure if this is final version 1.9.0 OST but it's aiming this way. I've updated all archives and now there is also a RSN file to play in winamp. Anyway check original post for all details. Note: 128kbps mp3 archive is still uploading right now so you can't download it until later tonight.

My goal would be to convert all songs to custom length that fit them, not a generic 2:30 minutes. This would save a lot of space in the mp3 archives. I'd also like to have proper metadata and tagging for all SPC and mp3 file. That is a long term goal.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (08-28-2017)

Status
Tissue-aware
Return of the Sorcerer 2.0 OST released! All SPC files are now correctly labeled and trimmed. Many songs were tweaked. See updated first post.
  Find

Threads: 17
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Sadness
Hey

I really like the new sound tracks on this ROTDS 2.0, keep up the great work
  Find