Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Seeking X-Zone information

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Does anyone here know how the X-Zone spell works, the reason I'm asking is because I'm planning on moving the X-Zone spell over the Aqua Rake Lore ability. I still want X-Zone to have the same effect as it originally did under the Lore ability. In the Bank C3 documents, I've only found these:

C3/2846: C912     CMP #$12       (is this X-Zone?)
C3/2848: F01F     BEQ $2869      (branch if so)

C3/5151: C912     CMP #$12
C3/5153: F019     BEQ $516E      (branch if spell is X-Zone)

12 is X-Zone's current spell ID while 8E is Aqua Rake's ID. Are these the only things I need to change?
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Fenrir for this post:
  • PowerPanda (06-17-2017)

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Hmm... there are a few more considerations, such as how the spell lists are loaded in for standard character magic and lores. There are also spell animations to take into account. If I were going after this, I'd leave the spells exactly where they were, but swap their effects and animations, which sounds like it might be what you're doing.

I'd also leave Aqua Rake in place and replace Cleansweep. A couple reasons for this:
1. Aqua Rake is water/wind, making it a better fit for Lores. Cleansweep is water-only, making it a better fit for Black Magic.
2. Aqua Rake is specifically meant to get you through the burning house in Thamasa, and highlight how good Lores are.
3. The animation for Cleansweep makes it look like a high-level spell along the lines of Quake and Merton. I would rename it Flood, up its power to make it a 4th level spell, and give it to a late-game Esper.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-17-2017, 10:10 AM)Fenrir Wrote: 12 is X-Zone's current spell ID while 8E is Aqua Rake's ID. Are these the only things I need to change?

Yes I think so. The relevant battle code (bank $C2) is about the X-Zone effect that you will switch with FF3usME so there is nothing to change.
  Find

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
X-Zone is just a normal multitarget spell that sets Death and has the "delay counterattacks" special property, with a funky animation that removes enemy sprites.

You can easily change any spell to be identical to X-Zone with FF3usME's spell and animation editor. I'm not sure what the code in the menu bank (C3) does, because I don't think X-Zone is usable out of battle. In past FF games, X-Zone and Warp were similar spells that would warp you out of battle if used on your team, and kill all enemies ("teleport them into the void") if used on the opposing team. Perhaps that code is leftovers from earlier designs.
  Find

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 2
Status
None
(06-18-2017, 06:19 PM)seibaby Wrote: X-Zone is just a normal multitarget spell that sets Death and has the "delay counterattacks" special property, with a funky animation that removes enemy sprites.

You can easily change any spell to be identical to X-Zone with FF3usME's spell and animation editor. I'm not sure what the code in the menu bank (C3) does, because I don't think X-Zone is usable out of battle. In past FF games, X-Zone and Warp were similar spells that would warp you out of battle if used on your team, and kill all enemies ("teleport them into the void") if used on the opposing team. Perhaps that code is leftovers from earlier designs.

That is true... until I came across the black magic Doom/Death spell when I moved it into another slot. When the countdown timer reached 0 for the Doom status and when Roulette took its target, the new spell in Death's slot was used instead of the Grim Reaper animation. Enhance the reason I ask if there was anything more to this spell to locate. I do know that Kefka in Thamasa has a similar spell to X-Zone, but I've confirmed after swapping the spells that it didn't affect Kefka's ability.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-18-2017, 06:19 PM)seibaby Wrote: In past FF games, X-Zone and Warp were similar spells that would warp you out of battle if used on your team, and kill all enemies ("teleport them into the void") if used on the opposing team. Perhaps that code is leftovers from earlier designs.

When I looked in bank $C3, It was a branch right after warp doing a similar effect I think. Maybe a leftover like you say but right now I'm too tired to even check. Time for bed!
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Quote:Posted by Fenrir - 06-17-2017, 09:10 AM

Does anyone here know how the X-Zone spell works

shouldn't we be asking YOU this??

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
(06-22-2017, 05:28 AM)assassin Wrote:
Quote:Posted by Fenrir - 06-17-2017, 09:10 AM

Does anyone here know how the X-Zone spell works

shouldn't we be asking YOU this??

ahahhaha!!! that's an elite joke  Laugh

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Holy crap...it is an epic joke! It went right over my head the first time I read it, but now I get it!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.