Status
None
Overall Progress
   100%
PROJECT COMPLETE

Download v1.1

[Image: UYbQDDpl.jpg]

Premise:
After reaching the Returner's Hideout and traveling down the River, FF6 splits into 3 scenarios. Locke travels to South Figaro. Terra/Edgar/Banon continue on to Narshe. Then there's Sabin, whose scenario is 6x longer than anyone else's, and is almost the length of the rest of the game up to that point. This hack rearranges the scenarios to be balanced among all of the characters. I am changing as little as possible in the hack so that it can be combined with other hacks, or used as a basis for further hacking.

World Map
The locations of the Returner Hideout, Military Camp, Phantom Forest, and Gau's Father's House have shifted, as has the course of the Lete River. Nikeah is now accessible on foot even prior to gaining the airship.
Progress
   100%
Complete.

Lete River
When on the Lete River, the party is attacked by Ultros. Sabin fights off the raft, and Edgar jumps in after him. The party splits into Edgar/Sabin and Terra/Banon.
Progress
   100%
Complete.

Locke's Scenario
Locke travels to South Figaro. Locke can run into Shadow in the pub. If Locke speaks to Shadow while in costume, then Shadow will join Locke/Celes after they wind the clock. They travel through Figaro cave and make their way to Narshe, where Shadow leaves and Locke must use the back route through the mines to sneak Celes in.
Progress
   100%
Shadow added to South Figaro Pub; all event bits identified and set to make him an optional character.

Sabin and Edgar's Scenario
When Sabin falls from the raft, Edgar jumps in after him. The two wash up near the military camp, where they witness Kefka's poisoning of Doma. After meeting and aiding Cyan, the three travel north through the Phantom Forest to Nikeah, where they board a ferry for Narshe.
Progress
   100%
Complete.

Terra's Scenario
Terra and Banon are knocked off-course by the fight with Ultros, and are sent over Barren Falls. They end up on the Veldt, and must befriend Gau and travel the Serpent Trench to make it back to Narshe in time.
Progress
   100%
Complete.

End Scenario
All of the characters meet up back in Narshe and prepare to defend the Esper
Progress
   100%
Done

Extras and Cleanup
Depending on remaining available space, I will be adding a couple of extra scenes, such as Terra/Banon having a short discussion outside Gau's Father's House or Edgar examining the Telstar in the Military Camp and creating the "Flash" tool.
Progress
   100%
Events planned out. Examining available space.
Extra event added on Veldt Shore. Clock added to Gau's Father's House (finally). Decided to not add the other extra scenes, but save them for the next hack.

Attached Files
.zip  3 Scenarios v0.4.1 - Sabin.zip (410.67 KB, 33 downloads)
  Find
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • B-Run (05-25-2017), DenVaktare (10-20-2017), Kusanagi_999 (10-26-2020), madsiur (05-24-2017), Robo Jesus (12-24-2017), Warrax (10-19-2017)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Pretty well explained! Love the map too!
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Looking forward to trying this out. I don't have time for full-fledged hacks, but because this is revamping the 3-scenarios portion it'll be easy to get to and play through without a huge time-commitment which is really nice.

Happy Hacking!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Great premise for a hack, and well done planning it all out! I like that it's not so overwhelming where it sounds like it will actually get finished! And then who knows, you could add on from there other changes like Thamasa etc. Anyways I'm looking forward to this as well, nice work!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
it might be interesting if Beyond Chaos would work with this one

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(05-25-2017, 01:52 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Great premise for a hack, and well done planning it all out! I like that it's not so overwhelming where it sounds like it will actually get finished! And then who knows, you could add on from there other changes like Thamasa etc. Anyways I'm looking forward to this as well, nice work!

That's the plan. I plan to release this hack as a standalone, then build my other hack on top of it.

Quote:it might be interesting if Beyond Chaos would work with this one
I'm limiting my edits to maps and events, with no rom expansion and minimal code jumping, in hopes that this will be compatible with most other hacks out there. 

As an example, the Military Camp sequence uses $31 (Party Character 0) in all of its animations, just in case you had Shadow, but I wanted Sabin and Edgar to crouch down next to each other to banter back and forth. I did this in the following way: The initial event can be triggered by walking down, left, or right, and is triplicated in the code. I removed the 2nd and 3rd instance by making a map edit that forced you to walk over a single tile. Then, in place of the 2nd/3rd instance, I created 2 subroutines that I used 3 times each: (1) The lead character does the surprised animation. Then Sabin and Edgar run back one and right 3, splitting apart on the last step and crouching down. (2) Sabin and Edgar rejoin, and party character 0 is set as the lead character. Just by doing this, I actually reduced the size of the event code by 20-30 bytes, meaning that all of the events in the hack are self-contained, and shouldn't interfere elsewhere.
  Find

Status
None
Just thought I'd post a heads up in here, since it's been over a month. I didn't realize June was sneaking up on me when I started this hack. I also work as a board game designer, and June through August are the busy season, with getting games ready to pitch, contacting publishers, and then going to the conventions to actually make everything happen. So this project will be resumed in the fall. Sigh. I hate putting projects on hold so shortly after starting them.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-03-2017, 10:06 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: So this project will be resumed in the fall. Sigh. I hate putting projects on hold so shortly after starting them.

It happens. You better focus on having board game designer work for the rest of the year and do a blitz now than become unemployed and making a despair and sadness filled FF6 complete hack that would reflect your real life situation Tongue

Seriously I have faith in your project and you seem to be a guy serious enough to complete it. Simply popping up now to tell it will be a slow hacking period but that you're not dropping the project is serious enough.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • PowerPanda (07-06-2017)

Status
None
Project is officially re-opened. I am currently trying to puzzle through the event right before you head to the Ghost Train's engine room where your ghost friends leave you. There are so many branching paths in that event. It's kind of making my head spin.
1. Shadow
2. Shadow and a Ghost
3. A Ghost
4. 2 Ghosts

Seeing as how Shadow is replaced with Edgar, I need to simplify it to 2:
1. Ghost
2. No Ghost

That scene might take me a while. Once that is done, I just have 3 more scenes to edit in Sabin/Edgar's Scenario (Sabin and Cyan argue in the caboose, the waitress in Nikeah hits on Cyan, and the 3 get onto the boat.) Then I'll be able to release a patch for anyone who wants to play through it. Should take less than a month to get that far, even if I'm going really slow.
  Find

Status
None
The solution on the Ghost leaving the party came to me very quickly, and thanks to some great shorthand coding of the following events (There was no check for party membership for Shadow's remaining scenes, nor on Gau's for the Nikeah ferry. The game just listed both of them as "Party Character 2"), I mostly completed the 2 brothers' scenario tonight. I just need to figure out a quick, elegant way to prevent the character from accessing Barren Falls until the scenario is done.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • madsiur (09-16-2017)