Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New to hacking, need advice

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello good people of this forum. I need to learn the very basics of FF6 hacking. Namely a sprite replace and minor text editing.

I plan on proposing to my girlfriend using the Opera Scene and I need help replacing Draco and Maria with mine and her sprites. I have the sprites already made, hell I have been making fun sprite comics for almost 10 years. I have done simple sprite recolours to frankensteining two or three unique sprites into one so i am no stranger to sprite manipulation.

Thank you and have a great day
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
for what you need to do it shouldn't be 2 hard, check the resources page and grab yourself a copy of ffse (sprite editor) you can make yours and her sprites in this, now once you got the basics done you will need ff3usme to find Draco's and maria's sprites, if memory serves they are on different pallets so it shouldn't be too much trouble, select import pallet and new sprite format and import, usme also lets you replace text of a mod, that opera text is in there somewhere. feel free to shoot any of us admins a pm if you get stuck and need further guideance. welcome! and congrats, sounds like a smooth proposal to me

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JWhiteLXXXIX for this post:
  • DaimoMusic (05-23-2017)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Basically what James said. You could also do it with FF3usME, it's only a spritesheet swap, export Draco and Maria and copy your news sprite over them if you are unsure. They have fewer sprite poses than full characters iirc. If you need to edit opera lines, FF3usME also has an handy dialogue editor.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:

Status
Imprisoned
yeah mads right usme might be easier. i tend to do everythin in se cause its alot easier to draw sprites as a whole, rather then by each tile like usme, you could also use the relm editor, all work tho its down to your preference, hell use paint as long as you dont go over 16 colours and have it in the right format. hope she says yes good luck Smile

Status
None
Thank you guys so so much. I did double checking on the sprites, and all should be well with them having 15 and 12 colours per sprite.
  Find

Status
Imprisoned
i should say the last 4 colours of the pallet are for things like tents and such and may appear messed up for sprites if used for battle or some world map stuff.

• DaimoMusic (05-24-2017)

Status
None
(05-24-2017, 04:49 PM)JWhiteLXXXIX Wrote: i should say the last 4 colours of the pallet are for things like tents and such and may appear messed up for sprites if used for battle or some world map stuff.

It shouldn't hopefully since there is no world map shenanigans.
  Find

Status
Imprisoned
you should be good then Smile

• DaimoMusic (05-24-2017)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Proposal mini-hacking projects always touch a sensitive chord in my heart!
  Find

Status
None
Alright so I have a minor question, I exported spritesheet 028 (Draco) and I interlaced my own sprite over, did some tweaking and made sure everything is right, but getting an error that reads Interlaced Format not supported. I have exported the sprite sheet as a transparent png
  Find