Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New to hacking, need advice

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
maybe click the new sprite format option when importing? if not check that your sprite is the right size

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(05-25-2017, 10:57 PM)JWhiteLXXXIX Wrote: maybe click the new sprite format option when importing? if not check that your sprite is the right size

New Sprite format? I am not seeing an option for that
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
In FF3usME's sprite editor, there's a checkbox for 'New sprite sheet format'. Are you getting this error for FF3se then? Try importing the sprite with FF3usME. But the error said it does not support interlaced sprites, and you said you interlaced yours in? Sounds like that's not permitted maybe, I'm a spriting noob and have no idea what interlace means, but I know if you don't edit your sprites in the editors themselves there usually is issues re-importing them, like if you use another program to edit them.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(05-25-2017, 11:20 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: In FF3usME's sprite editor, there's a checkbox for 'New sprite sheet format'. Are you getting this error for FF3se then? Try importing the sprite with FF3usME. But the error said it does not support interlaced sprites, and you said you interlaced yours in? Sounds like that's not permitted maybe, I'm a spriting noob and have no idea what interlace means, but I know if you don't edit your sprites in the editors themselves there usually is issues re-importing them, like if you use another program to edit them.

I am getting the error in FF3usME. Doing the Maria sprite is easy enough for my girlfriend as it is a pallete swap of Maria. Mine is a bit more complex as it is a heavy edit of Setze and Sabin
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
What exactly does interlacing mean? You might have to do it all manually like edit over Draco's sprite with your sprite, there in FF3usME, things get iffy if you edit outside of it and then import it in, this I know. If you can't get it maybe posting your sprite up here if you don't mind we could solve it easier. Or PM it to James White or Kugawattan to keep it out of the public, and one of them could probably take a look. I'm going to guess it's an issue though of whatever your doing to import your sprite FF3usME does not like and wants you to edit the whole thing in it's sprite editor or FF3se.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • DaimoMusic (05-26-2017), JWhiteLXXXIX (05-26-2017)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
What do you mean by interlacing your sprite over the exported one?

Anything to do with this? https://youtu.be/y6NLXga1i0M

Edit: make sure all tiles that are reused are the same. If on your sheet tile 12 is used 4 times, the 4 occurences must be the exact same otherwise FF3usME will either throw an error or choose the first one encountered as the correct one. I've never seen this "interlaced Format" error...
  Find