Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprite Request

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
Has anyone ever made a generic bald nude-doll with the proportions of the FF6 character sprite sheet to make editing new NPCs or player characters easier?
I think a lot of us start off and somewhat rely on editing existing sprites and asset swapping the good and better stuff that already exists. It could probably be done in minutes if I went out of my way to do it myself realistically...

... anyway, I might be getting back into my romhack and wanted a unique character or two to replace existing characters and while I love the sprites I've done in the past (Like playable Cid, Sigfried, ect.) I figure I can make quality unique sprites not based on any existing character.
Thought I am likely to asset steal a bunch of existing work (especially hair) and I've got almost 50MB of files for such a task. (Mind that a lot of this is mostly monster sprites from other games that could fit into FF6).

One character might just be a re-magined Relm with the cape or hat to replace Terra so when she uses Morph I can give her SSJ hair. Is there a way to alter the colors of morphed Terra? I think it uses it's own unique color palette but my sprite editors 'let me' change the color until they're in game and they switch back to default. I'd prefer to keep a skin-tone and clothes (somewhat) consistent.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(12-20-2016, 02:24 AM)Odbarc Wrote: I might be getting back into my romhack and wanted a unique character or two to replace existing characters and while I love the sprites I've done in the past (Like playable Cid, Sigfried, ect.) I figure I can make quality unique sprites not based on any existing character.

You can get your fingers crossed that someone will fullfill your request.

Otherwise the only place in mind I can point you to is the 2015 Sprite DB backup: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=2338

(12-20-2016, 02:24 AM)Odbarc Wrote: Is there a way to alter the colors of morphed Terra? I think it uses it's own unique color palette but my sprite editors 'let me' change the color until they're in game and they switch back to default. I'd prefer to keep a skin-tone and clothes (somewhat) consistent.

You can assign other palettes than 8 and 6, however from memory FF3usME let you change only the battle palette. The field palette is only set once (see following code). For field palettes assignments, this document made by Runelancer is very handy as well as the event dump.

Code:
CB/3900: 43    Assign palette $06 to character $00 (Actor in stot 0)
  Find

Status
Medicated
Could you reassign the palette?! I thought it just showed you the sprite in different palette colors but reverted to what they were regularly once the game loaded??

Maybe the newest (or since whatever version I last used) of Lord J's handy work added a feature I wasn't aware of...

That collection of sprites should be interesting.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(12-21-2016, 06:09 PM)Odbarc Wrote: Could you reassign the palette?! I thought it just showed you the sprite in different palette colors but reverted to what they were regularly once the game loaded??

As I said I think version 6.71 let you change battle palette since they are just in a table in bank $C2 but not the field palettes, which assignations are scattered through three banks in the whole event data.
  Find

Status
Medicated
Considering I really only want to change the in-game color palette of Esper Terra, I suppose that'll work.

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
use one of the level editing programs if u just wanna change pallets, i think snes pallet swapper could do the trick 2

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess