Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bugfix: Near Fatal is applied even if Dead

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Near Fatal is actively applied to any entity with HP less than an eighth, at battle start, on formation switch, and after each strike of an attack. This happens even if that entity is afflicted with Death (NOT Zombie or Petrify, as I previously had stated). The game automatically REMOVES Near Fatal along with other statuses upon recieving Death - but Near Fatal is reapplied right away.

This has very little impact - unless you script a monster with an attack which is conditional on Near Fatal status on the target. In this case, it will keep using only that attack, repeatedly, using the attack's default targeting.

This patch stops Near Fatal from being applied to Dead entities.

UPDATE2:  dn helped me discover a much more efficient, space saving method. This is now a one-byte fix. Laugh

Thanks to BTB who alerted me to this bug, and thanks to dn who helped me come up with a simpler fix.
  Find
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • B-Run (12-05-2016), Gi Nattak (12-04-2016), madsiur (12-04-2016), SSJ Rick (12-09-2016)

Threads: 56
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
I would suggest you to discuss with Leet Sketcher to make sure that your code doesn't cause any issue combined with his patch "dead in the air", which isn't an unrelevant possibility

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 18
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
I've updated the patch. It now uses no free space and doesn't rewrite any logic at all - it simply hitches a ride with the native function to remove Near Fatal if Zombied - it now removes Near Fatal if Zombied or Dead.

Edit: I'll make an .ips patch whenever I have the inclination to write documentation. Tongue
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Actually, the impact is pretty significant. You're assuming that the writer is coding enemies to check specific targets for the near fatal status, whereas I tend to go the "check a random ally for status" route. This makes the check very likely to succeed if half your party is dead.

If I were using this check under any other condition than the one I'm using it in, I might actually want it fixed >.>

"You don't have to be a vampire to die like one... b*t*h." -Simon Belmont