Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Amano Locke Attempt

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Mini
Hey guys~

I realized that the Locke sprite I was modifying for a Steampunk-ish graphics re-vamp already had some Amano similarities..... so I decided to shift gears, slap a bandanna on him and make it work.

The legs/pant/belts are frankensprited from a neat FF8 Squall sprite I found on here a while back. I honestly don't know who made the squall sheet, but props goes to them for half of this sprite. Wink

This is still a WIP, so feedback is greatly appreciated! ((Especially if anyone has pointers on bandanna shading.) Thanks!

[Image: amanolocketry.png]

"Find the crystals? Save the world? ...Who even was that guy?!"  Shrug  

http://rjenyawd.deviantart.com/

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I like what I see. I think you are on the right path. James did an Amano Locke for my hack. Here's a preview. Your bandana is smaller but it's cool like that. I would however modify the white shirt under his jacket/coat, it doesn't seems to blend well with the rest. Mine use custom palette (tweaked palette 1 I think):

[Image: locke.png]   [Image: locke2.png]
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Mini
Damnit, James! Stop stealing my thunder with your amazing work. Lol.

I like that he went with sleeves instead of an undershirt. Kinda makes him look like he's wearing a parka. ...and my side facing!bandana kinda looks like a yarmulke. Between the two, Locke is ready to get his bar mitzvah on. Laugh

But you're right. The white is kinda jarring. For the steampunk hack, I desaturate most of my palettes, so its not as obvious in that one, but with the original coloration, I might swap it over to the lighter hair shade. Can't use the light blue, cause then it would meld with the jacket. ....hmmmm. Guh. Decisions.....

"Find the crystals? Save the world? ...Who even was that guy?!"  Shrug  

http://rjenyawd.deviantart.com/

Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Vampire
Madsiur palette 4 would be a very close match for that sprite with the palette patch in place of course.
As for the sprite above, great start I like it matching the portraits more closely (tho im not using portraits in my hack i think lol

Ive made it an artform of just working with the default palettes (except the moogle/umaro palette

Im tempted to revamp the original sprites based off of this... especially now with that palette hack. locke is definitely a palette 4 character.. green, brown, dark blue...

actually I think i might join in on this. Ill do Terra but attempting to keep the default palette. after playing romancing saga 3 bokuno hack i learned some shading tips
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Zozma for this post:
  • Rjenyawd (12-01-2015)

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
gonna move this as it's not yet finished. don't be discouraged because of my version its nice to have as many sprites by as many people as possible Smile

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Brave
Madsiur would you mind reposting that Amano Locke sprite that James made for you? I would really appreciate it. Do you have any other functional Amano Sprites?
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
if you click my name at the very bottom of the page it will take you to my art site, where it says custom graphics by Jameswhite, click on my gallery and select ff sprites. I have many sprites that have vanished from here cause of whatever reason. I also ask that youu try to refrain from the necroposting please, a pm would have worked just as well Wink

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-21-2017, 11:56 AM)Timbo Wrote: Madsiur would you mind reposting that Amano Locke sprite that James made for you? I would really appreciate it. Do you have any other functional Amano Sprites?

It was just a single pose I posted. The spritesheet has been made exclusively for my hack and me and James decided to not share it to the public.
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Brave
Oh I see, thanks anyway.
  Find