Status
Tissue-aware
Auction Chocobo Fix
version 1.1
released on 10/27/2016
apply to FF3us, FF6j, FF6A (JUE)
wiki entry
Download

[Image: fetch.php?media=ff3:ff3us:patches:madsiu...:snes1.png] [Image: fetch.php?media=ff3:ff3us:patches:madsiu...:snes2.png]
[Image: fetch.php?media=ff3:ff3us:patches:madsiu...o:gba1.png] [Image: fetch.php?media=ff3:ff3us:patches:madsiu...o:gba2.png]

The chocobo in the WOB auction house has two portions of his sprite cut off by the two lady NPC standing behind him. This is because those NPC sprites have priority over the chocobo one. To fix this, the property "can walk over" for the NPCs have been checked and bit 8:3 of their NPC data has been unchecked.

Thanks to @seibaby for the bug notification.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (10-30-2016)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
The Lady on the left (camera left) is also having layer priority over the Chocobo. It's harder to tell but you can see her hand going over it in the example pic there. Might wanna do the same fix for her as well!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-26-2016, 10:49 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: The Lady on the left (camera left) is also having layer priority over the Chocobo. It's harder to tell but you can see her hand going over it in the example pic there.

Thanks! Good sober eagle eye!

I fixed this and added patches for all three GBA versions.
  Find

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
Nice one, Madsiur. I guess there's literally hundreds of these little fixes that vanilla could use.

If I can ask a somewhat related question, I'm having a problem where the character sprite is cut-off when he walks over certain terrain tiles. So he's basically under the tile? It's odd, because it only happens at a few individual places on the map. Sometimes it's a detail like a trashcan, or the corner of a carpet. It's weird...
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Have you done any event work where the 'nibble' as it's called was adjusted in some way? The nibble is used for having sprites/objects go in front of or behind map layers, and if it is not set back to default that would happen. If not that, maybe the tiles in question had their properties altered somehow by accident or some patch? Or maybe the emulator settings file got corrupted I remember some rare issue with that causing visual glitchyness and erasing it so it could create a new clean settings file fixed it up. This doesn't sound like such a case but it won't hurt to try.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Wasn't there also a layering issue with the chocobo in the stables where you can see yourself through the chocobo? Was this ever fixed?
  Find