Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ASM Tasks

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-25-2016, 05:13 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: if we remove that restriction(equal or greater than $10) then we might have inside dialogues the same stuff that it's used in map dialogues, like spell learned, etc?

No. This is good for command $02, the one that draw names. Having the parameter past $0F would just load garbage SRAM past character data blocks. Dialogue and battle text are not treated the same way.

Also, is your interest about this for your own project? One staying in the shadow during the community project but implementing most of our public code in his own hack before we release ours would join Lord P. in the traitor group Tongue
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
I'm not used to copy code, and if i do it i'll credit who made it(mostly they are patches)
On a side note, if i realize there's an opportunity to implement certain features, while reading your threads, then
i'll keep in mind that argument and start to watching the disassembly around there, so that i can find where i have to
tweak/add the code and do it on my own

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I was more talking about a feature like a 15th fully playable character in CotG rather than a specific small feature (which I don't really care).
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
i was more talking about a specific small feature rather than a feature like a 15th fully playable character in CotG(which i don't really care)

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 21
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
hey, I'm back

things are shaping up nicely in this thread, good work everybody.

I looked into the OAM a bit.

To answer HatZen's question about the OAM pointers not working above default characters, there is a separate loading routine for shop menus. The shops will only load the default characters, soldier and imp but additionally it will load the fanfare stance for the default characters.

For testing purposes I suggest the following hack to disable the fanfare animation:
Code:
>> No waving arms adjustment
@ C3C184: 69 00 00   # ADC #$0000     ; Adjust value
With this hack along with HatZen's hack to enforce a certain sprite we can test the soldier and imp sprites. They load correctly but switch to the next sprite on the next animation tick, so soldier becomes imp on next animation tick and stays as imp. This does not happen with the default sprites so I want to understand what specific code is doing this.

The sprites are stored in VRAM $6000-$8000 they fill up all the allocated space for them so adding more sprites requires some reallocation. Once this is done expanding the OAM data should be fairly straight forward. (thanks to B-Run's excerpt)

I think there is a similar limited VRAM issue for the other menus; save, load, lineup and colosseum. But all these menus share sprite loading routines and only use the standing pose.

I will continue to look at this and report back later.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to m06 for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (12-21-2016)

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
m06! Good to see you! Good stuff on the OAM. Thanks for picking that up.

I've had hacking on the backburner for a while, but I'm hoping to pick it back up sometime early in the new year. However I'm continuing to monitor things here, I'm not going anywhere.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B-Run for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (12-21-2016)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Firstly, a huge thank you to everyone involved in this project! This is absolutely game changing and I'm frequently in awe of what everyone on this site is able to accomplish. I'm relatively new to the scene but have had some success in the small scale coding I've done thanks to all of the wonderful information around.

The point of this post is to ask if there have been any updates this year? (I've noticed that there have been a few posts past the month the op was updated, and perhaps there have been some behind-the-scenes work done as people chip away.) And what specifically is left? Even if it's above my head (which it likely is at the moment), I'd love to attempt to help in some small way that could bring this project closer to completion!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
Hello and welcome! Sadly this project has been on a permanent hiatus Sad I wouldn't quite say it's dead, but no more work has been done this year as far as I know.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
That is a damn shame. I hope it gets more traction in the coming year. It would be a great achievement for the community in general.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Since B-Run is the lead and had some real life things to take care of, we are "on hold". I don't want to see it die either and I'll continue to contribute once B-Run has more free time. I could also take the lead or someone else could too but right now I cannot commit much time to a project.
  Find