Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FF6Tools - Browser-Based ROM Editor

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 23
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(03-04-2020, 11:18 PM)madsiur Wrote: Someone on Discord reported that he was able to change monster XP and gold on the FF6 US GBA version but not the japanese GBA version because changes will not save with this particular version. I did not tested if it was the case or not.

I just tried modifying monster gold and xp on the Japanese version of FF6A and it seemed to work for me. There might be some other issue causing it not to save though. Let me know if there are any more details and I can try to track it down.
  Find

Status
None
You can now import and export graphics and color palettes using FF6Tools. Supported graphics formats include jpeg, png (both indexed and 32-bit color), and native console formats. Palettes can currently only be imported and exported as part of a png file, but I'm planning to eventually make it possible to import and export palettes separately in bgr555 and 32-bit format.

There are already many good freely available image editing tools, so I decided it wasn't worth it to try to add any graphics-editing capability directly to FF6Tools. GIMP is a good program for editing indexed png and jpeg files, and YY-CHR is pretty good for editing images in native console formats.

When importing a png or jpeg file with no color palette, FF6Tools uses the RgbQuant.js library to quantize the image, generating an optimized color palette with the appropriate number of colors. This can be used to convert almost any image to a native graphics/palette format. However, it's important to keep colors in the correct order when modifying any graphics that use multiple palettes, or graphics that share the same palette. Because of this, it's actually better to use indexed png files whenever possible. It's also important to make sure that height and width of the imported image match the original.

FF6Tools doesn't currently support importing FF6 character sprite sheets directly, but I want to eventually make it possible to do so since I imagine a lot of folks would find that useful. For now, the sprite tiles need to be in the order that they are stored in the ROM, not the order that is used for sprite sheets in FF3usME and other tools (which duplicates some tiles). The same applies to character portraits and monster graphics.

Here are some screenshots:

[Image: uZAnbkpm.png] [Image: 8S6wIJ6m.png]

[Image: zB3D3Dom.png] [Image: A52huCKm.png]

[Image: A52huCKm.png] [Image: zB3D3Dom.png]

[Image: Kb8RjSCm.png] [Image: F1zkeYrm.png]

[Image: 2yNmmCQm.png] [Image: rhVnt8ym.png]
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Everything for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (05-21-2020)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-19-2020, 04:17 PM)Everything Wrote: You can now import and export graphics and color palettes using FF6Tools.

That's an awesome feature :)
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Oh, thank you very much for making the online version of the editor. I used it to edit dialog of FF5 RPGe on my phone. But I found some issues:
-When I change the "Black Belt" that shows when you get the Pieces of Wind Crystal to "Monk", the "Black Mage" become "ラck Mage".
-Another issue I've found is that whenever I do some changes on dialog, the line "What's that?" of Butz in the first cave which leads to Pirates' Hideout become something else, which seems like part of the lines of Exdeath.
I don't know it's due to my phone or the browser I used or the editor. I use an android phone, I've tried the Edge and Chrome for android and the issues always occur.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to WAYE222 for this post:
  • Everything (06-21-2020)

Status
None
Thanks for letting me know. The "Black Mage" problem was an issue with some of the multi-character symbols used in the RPGe translation that are available for menu text but apparently not for dialogue text. This should be fixed now. You will need to open a fresh copy of the ROM, or select the default definition file when you open your ROM. You may also need to clear your cache.

The "What's that?" issue sounds like the dialogue pointer table is not getting updated correctly. I couldn't reproduce it, so I might have fixed this by fixing the other issue. Let me know if you continue to get this problem.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Everything for this post:
  • WAYE222 (06-21-2020)

Status
None
Thank you! The "Black Mage" works correctly now, but "What's that...?" problem still exists. (Sorry for the inaccuracy last time. There's ellipsis in it.)

I just changed "Black Belt" to " Monk" and the "What's that...?" issue occurred. It seems that I cannot search this line (Butz: What's that...?) on that page, but I do find it in the ROM with Hex Editor on my phone.

https://m.imgur.com/a/HzVlvkn

https://m.imgur.com/a/RYNitKJ

https://m.imgur.com/a/a7c3pzE
  Find
  • Everything (06-21-2020)

Status
None
Aha, it appears that we're using different versions of the RPGe translation! I must have an older version, but you have version 1.10 (which is probably what I should be using since I think it's the de facto standard). Anyway, the problem should be fixed now. Let me know if not.

I also had to change the quotation mark characters from straight quotes (i.e. ' and ") to smart quotes (i.e. ‘ ’ and “ ”) because version 1.10 uses different characters for left and right quotation marks. So if you want to type quotation marks or apostrophes you will need to use smart quotes.
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Everything for this post:
  • madsiur (06-22-2020), WAYE222 (06-22-2020)

Status
None
Yeah it's fixed now, thank you very much

I met another issue just now.

It's after the rising of Lonka Ruins, return to Catapult to talk with Cid and Mid, then it occurs

https://m.imgur.com/a/ZB8e0ng

To confirm that's not due to the missuse or what I only changed "Black Belt" to " Monk" again on a clean ROM, and the issue still occurs, but the place is different:

https://m.imgur.com/a/AentL06
  Find
  • Everything (07-17-2020)

Status
None
Hmm, it looks like that issue is going to affect any string which straddles two banks in the ROM. I guess the RPGe team didn't account for this in their code. Thanks for letting me know. I was not aware of this. I'll have to come up with a workaround.
  Find

Status
None
A big update to FF6Tools is now live!
  • Spritesheets can now be directly imported and exported (FF1, FF4, and FF6)
  • Improved graphics/palette import controls
  • Added a tilemap editor to modify map tilesets, battle backgrounds, etc. (including some FF6 cinematic/cutscene data)
  • Added support for Final Fantasy (Japan) Famicom ROM
  • Added keyboard shortcuts for open, save, undo, redo (these may not work in some browsers)
  • Fixed lots of bugs
One thing to note about importing spritesheets: I haven't come up with a good way to modify all of the sprite pointers yet, so it's not currently possible to add tiles to a sprite. You can only replace tiles and palettes. So if you want to add Banon's riding sprites, you're better off using a patch.

As always, please let me know if you find anything that's not working correctly. I did a lot of testing, but I always miss things.

[Image: SuLcFAom.png] [Image: 11TWidnm.png]
[Image: iBYAnATm.png] [Image: NpAy8Yjm.png]
[Image: nhzYTLzm.png] [Image: WvQrHyom.png]
[Image: 8gPqn6xm.png] [Image: NMXGv6mm.png]
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Everything for this post:
  • DrakeyC (07-29-2020), madsiur (07-27-2020), Warrax (07-27-2020)