Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FF6Tools - Browser-Based ROM Editor

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 23
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I just uploaded FF6Tools v0.4 to the wiki. Other than a bunch of miscellaneous bug fixes, the main new feature is the attack animation editor. It can edit the animation frames for each attack, and also for weapons and monster special attacks.

https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...l:ff6tools

I'm going to post v0.5 soon. I've added some functionality to the music and sound effect editor, and I've made substantial improvements to automatic data relocation.

And thanks to whoever made a page for FF6Tools on romhacking.net! Does anyone know how to add a link there that goes to the wiki page?
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Everything for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (05-18-2017)

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Fantastic work! I've yet to try it though because I lack an OSX machine...is there any possibility of porting this to Windows?
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
that's really impressive

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-18-2017, 12:44 AM)Everything Wrote: And thanks to whoever made a page for FF6Tools on romhacking.net! Does anyone know how to add a link there that goes to the wiki page?

You can "Edit Submission" to upload new version (any member can do this, I can do it if you're not a member..).
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
(05-15-2017, 04:50 PM)Madsiur Wrote:
(05-15-2017, 11:10 AM)JCE3000GT Wrote: Can you tell me how to do this?  I have a ton of harddrives on my main computer that I could use to multi-boot but I have NO idea how to install OS X on it as I know nothing about Apple stuff beyond an iPhone.

I have not worked with virtual machines since college 3 years ago and at the time we were running instances of Windows Server on a Windows 7 machine. I found this (long) tutorial that seems legit and recent. I was also using VmWare (like the tutorial) and I think a free version exist. But basically you can skip the long step described of getting the Apple OS by "get an recent OS/X image by any means you want". Some further VmWare steps might be a bit less accurate though depending of the changes in OS/X settings from version to version.

https://www.pcsteps.com/2157-mac-os-x-vi...re-player/

Cool beans!  I'll give that a try once I install a 32-bit Windows XP on another harddrive for older apps.  My 64-bit Windows 7 doesn't like some software and the latest 64-bit version of Hexworkshop suuuuuuuuuuuucks!!!!!!!

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
@Everything: I can do the maintenance / updates on the FF6Tools RHDN entry. I've included a wiki link like you wanted: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1267/
  Find

Status
None
I've been working on a "Tile Layout Editor" for FF6Tools and I wanted to share my progress so far. It can edit the graphics that are made up of 8x8 tiles. So far it works for map tilesets, battle backgrounds, and various cinematic graphics. I'm planning to include it in v0.5 of FF6Tools. Here are some screenshots:

Map Tileset
World Map Tileset
Battle Background
World of Ruin Cinematic
Intro Cinematic
Ending 1
Ending 2
Ending 3
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Everything for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (07-25-2017), Tenkarider (07-25-2017)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
very nice work done so far, I'd like to see more done

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(07-25-2017, 03:46 AM)Poco Loco Wrote: I'd like to see more done

Like what, he has covered everything now I think lol. If anything, a Windows version is what I'd like to see happen. But that's wishful thinking, not a request.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(07-25-2017, 06:40 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: If anything, a Windows version is what I'd like to see happen. But that's wishful thinking, not a request.

I wish I could port this to Windows. It's pretty deeply rooted in Mac-specific stuff though. I used to write programs with Visual Studio but I found that programming OS X is a lot less frustrating.
  Find