Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Introduction Thread

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
welcome

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
I thank you — both of you!

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
Hello all! I'm a HUGE FFVI fan, and have done some ROM hacking in the past (Mostly just hex editing) but never felt confident enough to release anything.

I have a degree in programming (nothing even close to ASM unfortunately) but find myself doing more graphic design work lately (learned myself, but have over 10 years experience).

I stumbled across this site looking for a patch (forget which one) and was not just amazed at the amount of patches, but also information. I can't believe there is a whole site dedicated to changing and improving this game, and I wish I had found it earlier.

Anyway, it's great to be a member, and I can't wait to start contributing!

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(10-29-2011, 05:42 PM)McPhizzle Wrote: Hello all! I'm a HUGE FFVI fan, and have done some ROM hacking in the past (Mostly just hex editing) but never felt confident enough to release anything.

I have a degree in programming (nothing even close to ASM unfortunately) but find myself doing more graphic design work lately (learned myself, but have over 10 years experience).

I stumbled across this site looking for a patch (forget which one) and was not just amazed at the amount of patches, but also information. I can't believe there is a whole site dedicated to changing and improving this game, and I wish I had found it earlier.

Welcome, Welcome! What are you interested in reworking on FF6?

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
Thanks! I'm interested in a bit of everything actually. I'm not sure what to focus on at the moment, since after visiting this site, most of the things I wanted to do have already been done.

Instead of getting into events and changing the script, etc. I'd rather just make the regular game as good as possible. After seeing mods like adding elemental status icons to the menu, restoring censored graphics, restored ability names (thanks for that btw!) and many many others, it makes me want to help make the game the way it should have been.

Edit: Ahh crap, darkmage beat me to it, i'm sure i'll find something to do around here lol

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Status
None
its a pleasure to have you here Smile

(haha yeah darkmage is a friend of mine, believe it or not, I did a small contribution to his awesome improvement patch lolz)

but we warmly welcome you among us please feel free to ask me or anyone on here anything

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Hello there! I'm a member of the site who is dumb and lost his password. So when the recovery emails started to screw with me, I decided ro make a new account. So now I implore you all to witness the return of the one you won't have heard of! The now-called-Highwind Zodiarkmaster!!! Hello again! =)
Objection!

Status
None
lol welcome back

-HNIC

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
(10-29-2011, 05:42 PM)McPhizzle Wrote: Hello all! I'm a HUGE FFVI fan, and have done some ROM hacking in the past (Mostly just hex editing) but never felt confident enough to release anything.

Hi!

Would you like to be a coder for my project? Smile

[Image: AegisBanner01.png]

Status
None
(11-03-2011, 03:57 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: lol welcome back

Thank you. You know, it's good to be back after such a long-term 'absence'. I say 'absence' mostly because I forgot about the place until recently...