Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Introduction Thread

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Greetings,

My name is Vertigo and I'm new to the site - sort of. I tried to hack this game before but didn't have the time. Now, I would like to make one that everyone can enjoy!

Cheers!

Remember to use Omnislash in Remake Kungfu!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-07-2017, 04:58 PM)Vertigo Wrote: My name is Vertigo and I'm new to the site - sort of. I tried to hack this game before but didn't have the time. Now, I would like to make one that everyone can enjoy!

Welcome! You are at the right place to find help!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Vertigo (02-10-2017)

Status
None
Great! How do I post my project? What are the rules exactly? Cheers!

Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Hi there, welcome to the site. Smile

You can make a thread for your project in the 'Dragon's Den': https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forumd...php?fid=13

Eventually if it meets certain criteria you can request a sub forum dedicated to the project. Read up about that here: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...ject+forum

Can check out the site rules here: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/rules.php

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Vertigo (02-11-2017)

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Hello and welcome!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • Vertigo (02-11-2017)

Status
None
Greetings and salutations!

I'm working on a project, don't want to go into too much detail here in a public forum, but I'm here in case I need coding help. I'm not hacking a ROM, so help specific to ROM hacking won't help me, but there is still a lot of info, like the battle system, character system, story events, etc, that I could definitely use some help on.

Anyway, enough farting around on here, I gotta get back to work LOL

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to WolfDen for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (02-12-2017)

Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Weakness
Welcome, and if you need help with learning how things work (or are supposed to), just ask.

I appreciate the prayers and good wishes. Those who don't know, I was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma in 2019, and I have done well with the treatment, but eventually treatments stop working and you change.  I recently had a seizure at work, now I am healing but not able to work or really do much at all. The focus is just to get better. Again, thanks for the support and if I can help you I will.  I've forgotten more about this game than most people should ever learn, lol.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Imzogelmo for this post:
  • Vertigo (02-13-2017)

Status
None
I will certainly consider contacting you real soon for some help - cheers!

Find

Threads: 12
Status
Brave
I've been playing around here for the last week and it's high time I formally introduce myself.  I'm Timbo. I've loved Final Fantasy VI since it first hit America in October 1994. I was in the 8th Grade at that time and I remember saving up money for months, selling a few games, and coercing my mom into letting me skip school and into driving me to the local video game store to get it. My grades suffered terribly since then.

I've beaten the game countless times since then. Eventually achieving a perfect game with maxed out spells espers, items, rages, stats, etc. (Never again). After that I discovered the joy of challenge playthroughs and eventually rom hacks.

Today, I'm a married Pharmacy Technician with two lovable toddlers on the autistic spectrum. In my spare time (What little there is) I enjoy D&D as player and Dungeon Master and I like create rom hacks. I'm a decent spriter, a fantastic organizer, and great plot writer. Unfortunately, my dialogue, while not bad, is nothing special. I am fully competent at hex editing but I don't really understand ASM yet. I do plan to change that as I start running into walls with this project and while I'll never be great at it, I'd like to be able to do basic stuff.

My hacks are mostly vanilla in flavor with the aim of improving on and adding to the original design. If I had a goal project, it would be to implement a base patch that fixes up all of the known bugs, implements several quality of life features that many of you have spent countless hours on, balances out the system with new formulas and a few core mechanic changes, removes censorship, and adds one of the new translations. In 10 years when that's done, I'd like to hook up with a few like minded creators talented in coding, spriting, and most importantly dialogue writing to create an actual sequel using the original project as a base.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-25-2017, 04:29 PM)Timbo Wrote: I am fully competent at hex editing but I don't really understand ASM yet. I do plan to change that as I start running into walls with this project and while I'll never be great at it, I'd like to be able to do basic stuff.

This is a good start. For ASM, the moment you are making significant changes, I suggest using an assembler like bass or xkas. There are no ultimate 65816 tutorial but but good technical specs and document can be found here. For opcodes, the wiki section is a good start too.

(02-25-2017, 04:29 PM)Timbo Wrote: My hacks are mostly vanilla in flavor with the aim of improving on and adding to the original design. If I had a goal project, it would be to implement a base patch that fixes up all of the known bugs, implements several quality of life features that many of you have spent countless hours on, balances out the system with new formulas and a few core mechanic changes, removes censorship, and adds one of the new translations. In 10 years when that's done, I'd like to hook up with a few like minded creators talented in coding, spriting, and most importantly dialogue writing to create an actual sequel using the original project as a base.

For bugfixes, this patch fix a lot of them but I did not had the change to update the latest version available on Slick Forums. There are also threads on there about unresolved bugfixes and new bugfixes. mnrogar's also has extensive threads about bugs.

It's cool to be ambitious about an hobby but I suggest to take it small chuncks at the time to not get discouraged. Good luck!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Timbo (02-26-2017)