Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Introduction Thread

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
welcome to the site

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Hi, my name is Chad and I'm an alcohol... oh, wait, wrong forum.

I've been working with Synchysi for about five years now at a differential GPS company, nearly two of which were spent collaborating on an extensive hack which we named after an Iron Maiden album. Prior to my work with Final Fantasy VI, I spent a few years overhauling a little game called Morrowind, so I had a pretty good idea of what I was in for once Synchysi and I got to work.

I like heavy metal, Swedish redheads (bonus points if they're also wearing an eyepatch), and My Little Pony.

Oh, yeah, and my domain name is abusemynipples.biz

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
welcome to the site

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
Hey, all! I've been around the board for a few days now -- already asked one question and got both a swift and an accurate answer, which puts this board well above most I've been around in the past! -- and I have to say, I like what I've seen of the place. Wink

I'm Tristan, or y'all can call me GrayS. I'm really excited to dig into the FF3/6 rom; it seems like there are a lot of things that can be done with it as it is, before even getting into crazy ASM editing and stuff! I'm coming at this with a background in hex editing, if not necessarily an extensive one -- although I've got a half-complete map of the Crisis Core save file that I will... eventually finish, I'm sure -- and a little bit of experience with programming in general (mostly of the java variety), so mostly I just know how much I still have to learn. ... And how much of that I'm going to have to learn to do half the things I want to with the rom. (So many things I want to do, omg.)

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Welcome! I do programming also being a programming student. FF3us is the most documented game and there is a variety of tools for it, so the possibilities are large.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Hi everyone, my name is Ethereal. I'm not what you'd call "new" to rom hacking (I have some SMW experience) but I'm definitely inexperienced. Most of my hacks thus far have been superficial tile editing, making maps, etc. Thanks in part to this site and others, I've decided to resume rom hacking, and actually try this time.

I have no programming experience, so writing my own XKAS patches and so forth is out of the question for me. I'm not here to do faux collaborations whereby someone else does the work. I'm here to learn, and to be creative.

I doubt I'll be much help to others (particularly the more experienced) but where I can help I'll certainly try, even if it just background research on a subject.

If I have neglected to mention anything, please feel free to hit me up. To anyone who had patience to read this, please have a good day.

EB.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(07-18-2013, 07:39 AM)Ethereal Blaze Wrote: I have no programming experience, so writing my own XKAS patches and so forth is out of the question for me.

Welcome! I hope you consider learning ASM in your journey because it's changes involving ASM and other things like event coding that makes a FF3us hack stand out. I hope you have a nice stay on the site!
  Find

Status
None
I probably will when I have the sum of the parts. Make my world, characters, build the world up. I have ideas floating, it's nailing them down. I prefer to work visually and have a notepad for story ideas. Not that I need it immediately, but is there a section here for ASM first steps? Or a website were I'll get hand held like I'm Helen Keller? XD;;
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(07-18-2013, 01:45 PM)Ethereal Blaze Wrote: Not that I need it immediately, but is there a section here for ASM first steps?

You can find tutorials online by simple google search and we have some opcodes documents links (in the links section) and an assembly book to download.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Ethereal Blaze (07-18-2013)

Status
None
And bookmarked for reference, thanks a lot Madsiur, I have no doubt that'll come in handy. I all ready know where to look for hex tables and such. I'll probably use the weekend to make a reference library of the documentation =)
  Find