Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
REQUEST: Namingway

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Hey spriting crew. I have a very special request for you all today.

I need Namingway for CoV. Since literally half of my cast are pre-set characters and don't get a naming sequence, I wanted to build in renaming the characters in a more overt way than Rename Cards. Therefore...

Namingway!
[Image: FFRK_Namingway.png]

Let's start with a standard NPC set, but after picking a sprite, I will probably want to go with the full sprite sheet (cause why not?!). Children of Vector uses all of the original palettes. Just looking it over, palette 1 seems to be the best fit, it's got 2 pinks, 2 blues, 4 white/beige, a couple brown and gray.... Everything you should need. This is intended to be an NPC entirely, but if it doesn't cost quality, keeping it to any 12 colors (including the transparent) of the palette would be ideal. But that's a really small concern, so if it looks better to use the whole palette, go for it!

Thanks in advance.

Happy Hacking!
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
I'll try to attempt an npc of this. Might take some time though.

edit: oh just to make sure... is namingway a male or female? couldn't find on google.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
I always assumed a male. Why do you ask?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Spriters are just weird like that lol! It's all about the subtle details I suppose, which might make it appear more female or male. But yeah Namingway is about as ambiguous as you can get. I've always assumed it was a he as well, but there's nothing to prove this I guess.

Status
Mental-Break
(06-30-2016, 07:28 PM)B-Run Wrote: I always assumed a male. Why do you ask?

a few pixels can definitely make a sprite look more feminine.
(06-30-2016, 07:40 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Spriters are just weird like that lol! It's all about the subtle details I suppose, which might make it appear more female or male. But yeah Namingway is about as ambiguous as you can get. I've always assumed it was a he as well, but there's nothing to prove this I guess.

jerk.. lmao.  unlike that boy in secret of mana that everyone thinks is a girl,  I like my sprites to be gender defined.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Chicken
If I'm remembering right, in the DS version of FFIV they make it more apparent that Namingway is a male with the long sidequest he gets.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
I always pictured The Namingway Rabbit as a dude.
  Find

Status
Mental-Break
[Image: V0J6sKD.png]

hows that look?  trying to make it look like a psp model one
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
That's a really good start. Can you use this as a base, but give it clothes more like the DS version? If it doesn't work, no biggie. Mapping 3D model to a 16x24 sprite doesn't always work 1-to-1. The only other thing is the eyes look a little angry.

Thank you so much for your work!
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Oh! I see where the PsP sprite is going... its basically the same design with slightly different coloration. Can you reverse the red and blue? that's actually most of the change i need. And the eyes.
  Find